Ear Piercings? How much do they hurt? What are the aftercare issues?

so I am thinking about getting daith, tragus, rook, industrial, and conk piercings, and I want to know what you guys who have them, or know friends that have them, think :)...id really appreciate the feedback!

Most Helpful Girl

• hey..i just got mine done on 9th dec..first week or so,it hurts when you touch it so you gotta be really careful while sleeping(you obviously can't sleep on you're sides),wearing clothes (it'll hurt really bad unless you don't let it touch at all).etc...but now its all okay,like in a matter of three weeks,doesn't hurt at all..im only allowed to change the ear-ring after 6 weeks as to let it completely heal.

whatever you get(stud,ring.etc) you gotta keep it rotating it 3-4 times a day from the second day as to prevent crusting..rotate till the 2nd-3rd week or so when it completely stops hurting..

but trust me,its all worth the pain.:)

What Guys Said 3

• I've had one tragus piercing and the poke of the needle was painful, but it was quick and the pain didn't last more then a few minutes. It was a bit more sensitive during healing than traditional lobe piercing, but I really like the way it looked. It was difficult to change the jewelry without the help of a friend.

• The good thing about piercings is once you feel them they are over, so just take care of them properly and enjoy.

• Watch out lady. Dark skinned people are much more susceptible by extreme scar tissue forming, i.e. keloids. Don't think that if one went alright without scarring that all the other ones automatically will behave proper as well.

I suggest that perhaps do some research on keloids and their effects.

What Girls Said 3

• Ear Piercings don't hurt too much, Depends on what you get really.

Daith and Tragus do hurt a little more than your normal piercing.

As I recently found out I'm allergic to Stainless Steel I got Mega Keloids But honestly not much can go wrong with an ear piercing if you keep it clean...

• Ok...i know I can't get anything my 18k gold, because I'm allergic to everything else

• it doesn't hurt. just make sure you keep it clean and disinfected afterwards and pick a good place to get it peirced, not some cheap place with crappy service

• umm it depends on how you get it done I had it done both ways 1.) a needle; it hurts worse 2.) a gun;its much less painful

aftercare stuff isn't all that bad as long as they don't get infected and you keep some a&d ointment on it

hope it helps! :)

• Guns cannot be cleaned and they are extremely bad to be used. 1) they are dull and rip through your skin 2) extremely dirty.

• Germs &+ stuff don't bother me. but thts juss me, I don't know bout evryone else.