Guys, let me ask you something? Women, do you like being objectified?

Do you like being objectified?

Women, do you like being objectified?

• Yes
  • No

Most Helpful Guy

• Women say they hate being objectified, yet they objectify men who are well endowed.

What Girls Said 9

• this is something most of us despise with a burning passion.

• Why *of course* I love being treated like a warm hole to fuck! Why do you ask?

• I prefer when my humanity and personality are actually relevant to people.

• Are you asking guys or women? Well, no one likes being objectified. Except maybe masochists (who knows about them) and people with low self esteem (people don't think they are worth respect). Those people often get stuck in abusive relationships.

• Not really. It's kinda uncomfortable. So I dress like a "homeless Dumbledore" as my ex flatmate put it.

• i meant to vote no. 10000000 times no

• No I do not like being treated as a object it feels like I don't have emotions or a voice.

• How can you actually ask something like that?
    I detest it.

• those 4 who voted yes... i dont understand your existence...

What Guys Said 7

• I wouldn't want to be catcalled on the street or harassed by strangers but I wouldn't mind if a girl just wanted me for sex. I'd see that as a complement because girls have higher physical standards for hookups than they do for a relationship. A girl who is decent looking isn't going to hook up or give free sex to just any guy, it's only for guys she thinks are really hot.

I'd rather be seen as a sexual object than a financial or emotional support object.

• Most like being respected, you know like a human being...

Some, SOME like it when a guys treat them like a sexual object during sex because it makes them feel desired and sexy. But that does not translate as to just treating her like a piece of meat all the time.

• Yeah, I love it when girls slap my ass and ask me if I robbed the deli coz they see where I hid the salami! ahaha

• It's fun being objectified at times, kind of a free ego boost.

But nah any girl who thinks I just exist solely to make her gush forth like the niagra falls then gtfo is not my type.

• I don't mind it

• I've learned most girls hate being objectified but often don't even really understand exactly what that means. Generally speaking most people sum it up as being spoken of or approached in ways that deny their autonomy and regard them as things to be acted upon. Which makes sense. Think to all of your classic guy movies where at the end he "gets" the girl. Or the adds where girls are stripped and thrown around the commercial like decorations. Or even the dating world where some guys believe that if they do this this and this or they are this this and this that she's suppose to be their hot wife or let them smash disregarding their desires. But with all that being said I think objectification happens to both sexs the difference is that for years women didn't really have too influential of a voice in media and therefore only the males have had their chance to display their flawed thinking. I've been objectified before. My high school year I was a trophy for the dance team. They had a bet over who could get me, the shy but apparently attractive new kid, to date them. Over that entire year not a single one tried to ask me anything about myself they all did the exact same thing. Position themselves around me provacotively, compliment me, caress me, and generally try to entice me into choosing them. That's when I learned both men and women do the exact same thing. Men believe that by rescuing her or being a billionaire or being a nice guy they get a wife/sex, while women on the other hand think they can do it by being sexy or supportive or by having the qualities of a good wife. None of these things are bad but all of the attempts focus on the me and what I have to do in order to get that while ignoring the them and who they may be as an individual or what they may want. And that's the nature of objectification. To degrade one to the status of a mere object, a person or thing to which a specific action or feeling is directed. The only difference is that since men are more visually sensitive to sexual stimuli and have had more influence in media sources our occasional disregard of another's autonomy is more noticeable. Add in the fact that those that feel less empowered or are less empowered are more likely to notice and bring attention to the issues that affect them and it's easy to see why objectification seems like a thing men do to women and not a thing people do to people.

• Women love it. They say they don't, but

1) it gives them something to bitch about
    2) it lets them assume/abuse the "moral high ground"
    3) gives them clear standards to judge each other, which leads to
    4) establishment of status and hierarchy for access to the best men and other status based privileges