Are tattoos a turn off?

I got some tattoos when I was younger. Nothing that crazy but I feel like if I ever want to settle down and get married it will hold me back. One covering my left pec and the other is on a good portion of my left arm. I want to get them removed.

Most Helpful Girl

• not really. it depends what they are.

Most Helpful Guy

• Getting them removed is SUPER expensive. AND painful. You're probably best just sticking with em mate. What are they of?

• Got a war torn black and gray American flag before I went into the military. then I got a lion on my right arm.

• The lion is artsy.

• Heh artsy. And I mean neither of those sound bad mate. I doubt they will turn anybody off and honestly if they do - fuck em.

What Girls Said 13

• No, they're often a turn on.

• On a female a small tastefully done tattoo in a discreet area is okay with me. I've even thought about doing one. For men I don't mind one or two but I don't like the look of covering the whole body with them.

• If it's too much, for example the entire covered with tattoos, then it's a turn off. If it's small and beautiful, I would think it's cool, it wouldn't necessarily turn me on.

• They're actually a super turn on to me if they're artistic and well-placed, and especially if they have good meaning. But if you're into clean cut girls it may not go over well with that crowd

• Eh it depends. ALL OVER YOUR BODY LIKE YOUR NECK AND FACE IS UGh THOUGH.

• Its all in your head bro. Tattoos are hot! Im getting my first one on me birthday!

• Lol you are still a teenager I think you'll feel different later on.

• When i get older tattoo would be the last thing I worry about. You're only 18-24, I hangout with people twice my age (32-46), quite a lot of them has tattoos and non of them ever feel insecure about their tattoos.

• Plus "if i ever feel like i want to settle down and get married it will hold me back" <- what kind of thought is this? There are tons of people who has tattoos whos married.

• Tattoos are an enormous turn-on for me, especially if they are pretty or artistic.

• tattoos are crazy hot as long as they aren't that fake tribal bullshit

• Depends on the tattoo or person

• It's more appealing to me. Depends on the girl. but if a girl really love you , you don't have to change anything.

• I love tattoes! Waiting till I'm 18 to get at least 2!

• I honestly see no problem with them. I personally don't have any. Most tattoos have a meaning behind it and I'm sure yours do so just embrace it. So honestly I'd say don't remove them its really painful for one and really expensive.

• Good. Is a good idea not to have them, beside settling down, some jobs don't allow tattoos.

• Long sleeves and any job will accept you unless you have neck tats or something

• High school I was nerdy.. only into studies. After high school I went military did all these things a typical jock would do. Went down the wrong path lol now I'm 22 going back into my correct routes starting undergrad but I got some baggage (tattoos) now.

• I have the same age as you, but I am still in studying. I wanted to get a tattoo, but I never did. I got saved. Plus, I have family in the military, and they don't do negative things. And good for you, that you are going the right way. Keep it up.

What Guys Said 1

• A tattoo on a beautiful woman is like a graffiti on a piece of art.