Attract someone with charm over external beauty?

Is it possible to attract someone with charm and personality, rather then just on plain external appearance ? I am not saying I am ugly, but my teeth are not straight at all and I am in the process of getting them fixed ( no braces yet though) and this makes me really self conscious - so, would a guy be attracted to a girl who has such an obvious flaw ?

Most Helpful Girl

• I've also always had crooked teeth and there was a time when I felt self-conscious about it. Pretty much, I learnt that when you feel like crap, you look like crap! As soon as I stop being all "arrrgh, my teeth make me ugly!" and start smiling, I felt more attractive, and when you feel more attractive you actually are more attractive. Self-image is everything. Confidence adds attraction!

Onto your actual question, I can't give an answer from a guy's perspective, but I'll give you mine. It's definitely possible to attract someone with personality. There's guys that I've known who have been gorgeous, but as soon as I talk to them, they're filthy or just plain jerks - and they're not attractive any more. Vice versa, there's guys that I was initially not interested in, but when I started talking to them (or just watched them out of curiosity) I found out what lovely charming people they were and that made them attractive. I think attractiveness is based on a lot more than just physical appearance.

All in all, my advice is confidence. Don't look at your teeth as a flaw, look at them as character! I got braces and now my teeth are fixed. Beforehand I thought, "Great, my teeth will be straight soon, problem solved!" But now I miss my crooked teeth! They added character to my face, made my smile more unique.

Smile at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself it's beautiful. :) Good luck!

What Guys Said 2

• for me, I don't care about if a girl has straight teeth or not just as long as they are brushed. But no matter what you do, do not try to hide ur smile cause that will just make you come off as insecure of yourself and that is a turn off for me.

• it's possible if your personality is quite stellar but I won't lie, bad teeth are one of the bigger turn offs for a lot of people I think.

What Girls Said 2

• I have met plenty of guys who may have not been the physically drop dead gorgeous but had such an attractive personality/swagger that you completely dismiss any physical flaws they may have and still find them to be an attractive person. So yes I believe it to be possible.

• well I have the same problem and its hard sometimes. just be yourself I actually started dating a guy a little bit over a month ago and he accepts me for who I am. don't worry and enjoy life someone will come along