If I ever had a daughter, I would want name her Jordana, but my parents don't like that name. What's your opinion on the name?

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• What I think about names is that most people create names with a certain picture in their mind of how the child will look and what kind of personality it will have and what traits they want to emphasize in the unborn child when they are choosing a name. The problem is - often times the child that is born looks NOTHING like how the parents thought the child would look. Jordana would work on somebody who is naturally loud, confident, authoritative, tall, bold or brave. But what if the child is meek, humble, weak and short? Would the name Jordana fit her? I would pick a name that is more generic so that it can fit a vast host of personalities and appearances.

What Guys Said 11

• I'm not sure if she'll be a fan of that name. I'll imagine it to be a source of bullying for quite some time lol
    Like being called Booker.
    Boogie booker.

• Like some other guys here have said, I think I've only seen the name on Jordana Brewster, from The Fast and the Furious movies, ahaha. xD

In my opinion, the name is definitely not a bad one by any means.

• It's okay! I only ever heard it other than here with actress "Jordana Brewster".

• I don't really care for that name but who cares what I or your parents think. They're gonna love their grand baby regardless.

• To be honest, if you had a daughter in the future it should be up to you what your child's name will be, not your parents.

Personal opinion: I think that is a lovely name.

• I don't really like it

• Name her how you want to name her. Disregard what your parents think.

• Sounds like you're naming your daughter after a popular shoe brand. But hey, it's your kid.

• My name is Jordan, so it might be because of that, but Jordana just feels kind of weird to say. However, you have the freedom to name your child whatever you want and I don't think it's a bad name.

• I like it. It's not something you hear.

• It's not bad, but it's not good either

What Girls Said 14

• I'm personally not crazy about Jordana or having the A at the end. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to name her Jordin because Jordan is typically known as a male name but it's a name used for both males and females now the only thing is when it's spelled with an I instead of an A when it's a girl.

For instance Jordin Sparks
    media.hotbirthdays.com/.../jordin-sparks.jpg

But as for Jordana I wouldn't name my daughter that if I had one but it's your decision.

• It would be you and your husband's child, so what your parents think about the name shouldn't really make much of a difference.

I think it's unique.

I prefer Jordin though.

• the name sounds fine... but i think that its all up to you and your partner to decide for the name... not your parents

• Yeah I don't like it either

• Pretty boring to me...

• You're under 18, don't you have better things to worry about than having a daughter and her name anytime soon?

Plus who cares, it's your child, name her what you want lol

• reminds me of that actress Jordana Brewster

It's definitely on the unique yet not crazy side, which is appealing. Personally, I like names that run off the tongue a bit smoother. But your opinion is really the only one that matters.

• It doesn't have a good Zing to me. It sounds AVERAGE.

• I don't like it simply because my name is Jordan and I get told I have a boy name.

I don't think it'd be much different, even with the a.

• Aw, people really say that to you? xD I've seen quite a few girls named Jordan, so personally I never thought anything of it gender-wise. :)

• Haha same here! I think I myself have met like only two dudes named Jordan, but I've come across several girls named Jordan, lol. Well I think you have a nice name, anyway. ^^

• I've met.. One, I think. lol

Anyway, thanks. Nice to know SOMEONE doesn't think it's a guy exclusive name. xD ugh

• You liking it matters the most.

• Different. Unique. A little weird.

• I dont like it either

• Why would you do that to her?

• Your parents are right, it's a fucking awful name. But the hypothetical daughter is yours so name her whatever you want.