How bad do finger tattoos hurt?

I'm thinking of getting my second tattoo on the side of my middle finger... Just a small star.

i decided to get it on another spot lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Well, there isn't that much fat or muscle in the finger so it would hurt more than most other places on the body. Bony areas are the places that getting tattoos hurt the most. I got my two in muscly areas cuz even though i know how to take pain, i would prefer to take less whenever i can.

Most Helpful Girl

• Hands are one of the more painful areas, the other ones being ribs, collarbones, wrists, hips, feet, face, neck. Because these areas are very bony and don't have much fat on them. So vibration of the tattoo machine are amplified by your bones. Pain should not prevent you from getting something you like, but hand tattoos are more difficult to take care of, since you're constantly doing things with your hands and you constantly wash them. Plus, it lowers your chances of getting employed because it cannot be hidden. Think it over before you do it.

What Guys Said 1

• no don't do it, thing 10x times.

What Girls Said 1

• I presume they would hurt quite a lot, maybe a little more than if you were to get a tattoo somewhere else because the artist has to tattoo on an area which is very close to bone