About piercing your nose?

I am going to pierce my nose in the next days and I want to get it pierced with a hoop and not a stud. Which one is better in terms of safety and cleanliness?

Most Helpful Guy

• Pierce it with a stud, let it heal and then put the ring in. I agree that rings look much better as long as they are snug to the nostril. However, they are much harder to clean in the beginning. Nose piercings heal relatively quickly so go with a small stud, let it heal up and then get your ring! =)

Most Helpful Girl

• At the beginning u should wear a stud. When it's healed u can changed as often as u want. The thing is it's really risky to wear a ring first because u will rip it out bcause u don't think about it all the time it does happen with an stud too (my sister) but like I said the stud is more safe at the beginning.

What Guys Said 4

• perhaps @stressedanddepressed can help

• Having a hoop is a major turn off. It is shallow but I wouldn't date someone with a big hoop in their nose, or gauged earnings

• If safety is your priority
    Don't pierce it yourself.

All too many times I have had to correct nose studs people have fucked up

• haha there was a little misunderstanding here. I am going to a professional, I was just wondering if a stud or a hoop is safer

• Ahhhh
      Then a stud.
      Always a stud

Hoops don't allow the skin or cartilage to heal properly.
      Get a stud then wait a month or so, then change :3

• I'm against all forms of nose piercings they look bad in my opinion.

What Girls Said 2

• A stud. If you chose a hoop, the hole won't heal in the right way -, with a stud, it will be straight and that is the best way to do it

• Please get a stud, its more sanitary. Then move onto a hoop once it heals