What would you do if your man had hair longer than yours?

I've met this guy with hair past his shoulders. He has a sweet personality but all that stops me is his hair. I like clean cut hair styles and well I don't really like scruffy hair. Is it best if I just tell him to cut his hair. but then I don't want it to seem like I'm forcing him...

Most Helpful Girl

• Errmmm that's a real tough one! I would do NOTHING?

so what id he has hair longer than mine that is freaking HOT! I love long hair

and what makes you think that he is going to cut his hair just because you prefer it shorter?! soooo Superficial. its sad! pathetic

- you just met him.

- you should like him for who he is not how he wears his hair!

- it doesn't matter what YOU like, if you don't like him then move on and find someone who is more your type!

-you shouldnt be trying to change him for who you want him to be!

- either you want him as he is or you dont!

What Guys Said 6

• I think you'd do well to realize there are more important things than the length of ones hair. Really if all it takes for you to be completely uninterested and not give someone a chance is something so insignificant, he's probably better off without you anyways.

• If you told me to cut my hair I'd tell you where to go lol.

I wouldn't change my appearance for ANY girl.

• Why don't you like his long hair? you know that movie The Last Samurai? He got his hair cut and tossed in the ground. That's what he would feel like if his hair is cut.

• What if I said to you: "You're awesome, you know how you would look better? Bigger t*ts, go invest on some implants."

Basically the same situation haha.

• Us guys with long hair are attached to it...it would be like a slap in the face to him...

• Well if I were you I would probs dump him, I mean, I'm not sure how it would still attract you, and that would really make a relationship difficult...

What Girls Said 8

• have a talk with him and see how he reacts. one of the guys who had a crush on me actually did cut his hair because he heard I liked guys with short hair. it really depends. I guess if it really really bothers you, then you'll have to be with someone who complies with your preference for hair style but of course it's what's inside that counts.

• If you really like this guy then the length of his hair shouldnt be an issue and you shouldnt try to change him.Just think of it this way-what if he told you he wanted you to cut your hair off because he like the pixie-cut look on a girl?Please don't cheat yourself with such superficial things.When you like someone,it shouldnt matter the eye color,hair color,hair length,height,skin color,etc.If he's a cool guy,dont let hair stop you.

Good luck!

• My boyfriend had longer hair, not that long mind you - it was actually rather short compared to that. But when I went for it anyways, when we dated I poke fun at saying he should get a hair cut, Nothing nagging. Then after awhile he decided it was time for a hair cut, and he let me tell the stylist what to do. I loved it.

• Cut off his hair while he's sleeping :D haha just tell him "I think your sexy, but you know what would make you even sexier?...shorter hair" or something like that.

• I will dumb him.

• Never tell someone to do something like that. It isn't your place. Instead, you have to consider if it is a deal breaker for you. You can be honest and tell him you prefer shortcut hair and leave it at that. You also have a choice to not date him too.

• Can he just get it trimmed so it is not scruffy... Are you seeing him , cause I don't know if a guy would take kindly to a woman being like 'Cut your hair".. Could feel like emotional castration to some guys.. Anyways it's HIS hair & his body.. Also, I think long hair on guys is soooo sexy - if it is clean & neat.. Specially latin & Aboriginal peoples..

• My man has longer hair and he's more girly. don't change him its okay.