Is it weird for people to wear athletic clothing if they aren't athletic?

I'm not athletic at all. Like yeah, I workout and I consider myself to be in pretty good shape and healthy but I am not into sports and I don't work out ALL THE TIME, only a few days a week at best.

As everyone knows, wearing workout clothes in casual settings has become a huge trend. I try to dress for myself and not others, but would I be a bit of a wannabe if I wore workout clothes to class? I sometimes wear my Nike shoes and I have nike shorts that I'll wear with t-shirts but I LOVE the way stuff from lululemon, Nike, and places similar to that looks. It's so figure flattering and it's in fun colors and it's comfy!

What do you think? Is it weird for someone who isn't an athlete to wear workout clothes regularly when they aren't working out? Obviously I wear them when I work out, but what about outside?

Most Helpful Guy

• I actually really like athletic clothing on women. Now maybe wearing nike shorts and t-shirt is probably a little bit too much "straight from the gym", but leggings, hoodies, track outfits, jackets, fleeces, are all pretty cute

• Hahaha nike shorts and a t-shirt is all girls wear at my university those first three weeks- it's too hot for cute clothes :)! But I agree, the wintery stuff is super cute.

• I think you can pull off leggings and stuff like that even if it's a bit hot out :)

What Guys Said 4

• A piece of advice a friend has told me in regards to clothing! Wear what you want to! It's your life and you aren't harming anyone so I say go for it! I also like to wear those sorts of clothes and do so regularly. Not going to say I can ignore everyone but I'm working on it! It's your life you do what makes you happy :)
    Hope this helps! :)

• depends, if they are fat, what's the point

• It's more fun that way; to pretend and wear something comfortable

• No because athletic clothing can be comfortable

What Girls Said 2

• I do it too, the thing with workout clothes are that they are comfy!!! Now, as long as they look good, like that hoodie and leggings in your picture then you are safe!

• I don't care what other people wear, it's no business of mine.