Boyfriend Wearing Speedos?

My boyfriend and I are going to the beach for a few days with friends. He's European and I saw he has packed a Pair of speedos. He does workout a lot and have a great body. I feel a little weird having him wear speedos especially in front of my friends.

what do you think?

Hey Girls, what do y'all think?
Hey!!

Most Helpful Guy

• maybe just mention. I know wearing speedos may be more normal in your culture but would you mind wearing a suit more suitable to American culture. Mention that is both for your and his benefit as you do think that he will get looks and maybe teased for wearing a speedo... BUT if he wants to wear the suit let him. don't worry about how the friends think so much as it doesn't really matter

Most Helpful Girl

• Take them out when he doesn't see, or educate him about how fucking gross speedos are.

• He actually has a really athletic body, do I think any straight woman wouldn't think he's gross... Just don't want him on such display

• What about bikinis then? Do you consider them fucking gross too? Did you stop wearing them?

• @jacquesvol I don't see where you're going with that comparison. Just because I hate apples, doesn't mean I have to hate bananas too.

What Guys Said 7

• What's wrong with Speedos? In Europe they're even required at public pools: no shorts there.

• If you think its so bad, just tell him to get a pair of trunks.

• Ask him if he would be ok wearing American style trunks

• ... how about this? if women think guys in speedos are gross... I think that chubby chicks wearing 2 piece bikinis are an equal eyesore too.

• If girls can wear almost nothing why the hell shouldn't guys.

• I think you have a point. Just ask him nicely not to wear them.

• Nah it's fine. Let him be. You said he's got a great body right? It's not like he's an old dude with the fat belly.
    It's time the world stopped being weirded out by speedos. It's just swimming attire and it won't bite haha

• Now you just said you think he isn't gross. So who cares what other people think? He's YOUR boyfriend. Be proud of him. Why is the USA so repulsed by speedos?

What Girls Said 1

• Shorts for beachwear for guys is something typical for American prudism.