Is there any genuinely good men out there?

One of the only reasons I am holding onto the piece of shi* boyfriend I have now is because I don't think there are any better guys out there. Please prove me wrong.

Most Helpful Guy

• There are. And we're mostly single, too, because we won't go with "bad" girls.

It's a common theme that there are a lot of bad guys out there and a few gems in the rough, but take it from a good guy like me: it's just as bad for us to find good girls. A friend of mine once said out of the 12 girls he's ever been in a serious relationship with, maybe 2 of them had any real potential to be good girlfriends; the rest were the female equivalent of the stereotypical male "players".

And I've been in your situation too, I've held on to girls who treated me like shit because I didn't feel like there was anybody better for me. I mean I know how it feels to date person after person and have them all be bad people and eventually giving up and just sticking around with one of them.

Right now I'm back to being single, and yes, it kind of sucks. It's lonely. All my friends are in serious relationships so unless I have a girlfriend to double or triple date with I'm mostly left out. But it's worth it. You're worth it. You do not deserve to be with someone who treats you bad, and once the pain of the breakup wears off, it's liberating.

Plus, being single opens you up to new relationships. Generally speaking, you're probably going to find it difficult to find "good" guys while you're still with someone else because most good guys won't enable someone to cheat or be put in the situation where they're the #2, the affair, the fling, or whatever. I know I can't let myself become attached to someone if I'm not their #1 guy. So there's another reason to leave a bad relationship.

• You are right. I think maybe I shouldnt go looking for mr. right. Maybe he will find me!!! :)

What Guys Said 6

• There are, we are rare and sometimes go unnoticed.

have you tried a close friend? That one guy who is there for you when those P. O. S guys you go out with treat you bad?

myself , I could be a mommas boy and I know I would never hit a girl just because I got mad. That's just wrong.

Dump him! You deserve better.

• Depends on what you mean by better? Better education, better looks, better personality, better wants in a women, etc.

• Better meaning. Doesn't call me a slut bitch and cunt whore every time he is mad. Which I am neither considering I have been faithful to him for 5 years. Also doesn't smack me if I say something he doesn't want to hear!

• That is sweet

• Thanks, so yeah. There are better guys. Just have to find the ones that don't put on a front. One that won't show you a good time, then change around when your together.

• Yes, and we're really attracted to good grammar.

• Is that a dig at me? Or are you just generalizing?

• I meant my!

• It was a generalization. There are plenty of good guys out there. Or at least better than "piece of sh*t" guys. I'd say drop him if that's how you feel about him.

• There _are_ better guys out in the world. In fact, you probably know some already.

• The question isn't if there are any good guys out there. It simply comes down to, "can you notice a good guy when you see one? "

• YES there are! There are genuinely good men and you don't even have to look that far to find him. Do you have a guy friend you talk to who actually pays attention and respects you? Odds are you do and maybe don't even realize it but when you do realize, you found your genuinely good man!

What Girls Said 2

• Yeah. There is, and the sucky thing is. Most of the shitty ones act like their good in the beginning.

Hopefully you can tell a good one by seeing one, most of them do end up single or looked over because they are genuinely nice. I have a good one. When I say good though I don't mean perfect. No man is perfect for sure. But he is perfect for me, and a genuinely good guy. Good luck.

• a good man is hard to find.

but don't stay wtih a sh*tty guy just because you can't find a good one. that's bad! how are you gonna get a good guy if your still with a sh*tty one? why can't you be alone? independence and self confidence are attractive traits to a decent guy. maybe you should work on yourself and figure out why you feel you need to be with a piece of sh*t before you get in a relationship