Should I wear makeup on my first day of college?

the college I am going to is just a community college, so it's not that big. However, do you think it would make a good, first impression looking polished? or should i just go all natural, making me stand out and be known as the girl who isn't afraid to be makeup free? the only reason I was thinking that I should wear makeup, because knowing Ill be super anxious for my first days (with my mild social anxiety and all) foundation will help cover my red cheeks when i invevitably start blushing lol

Most Helpful Guy

• Avoid the makeup so then you can suddenly look better at a certain point.

Most Helpful Girl

• Your teachers will not care or notice and I doubt the people around you will either. Everyone is meeting so many new people that everyone will blur together.

What Guys Said 8

• I personally would vote against it, because it is very easy to tip past the balance and instead of looking like you care about your appearance, you can seem desperate and/or fake. That, and people won't really know what you normally look like, which is just weird. Of course, it is up to you, but if I were female, I would avoid mascara and lipstick and eye-shadow for the occasion.

• Maybe a little light make up will make you feel comfortable -Though judging from your profile pic you could totally rock no make up

• I wouldn't worry. It isn't like school. The people there are there to learn (for the most part) and so the social aspect is a side issue. However I would not go in looking like you've made no effort. smart-casual with maybe a bit of lippy.

• Do whatever makes you feel confident, I dunno.

After a couple weeks, no one is gonna care anymore, really.

If I were a girl, however, I'd just go as a casual Jane Doe and sprinkle myself with make up on days I felt like being more... polished, as you say.

• Whichever way makes you feel more comfortable with yourself.

• It doesn't really matter on how u present urself but is ur intention is to have guys holla @ cha? 😉

• lol I ain't going to lie (kinda haha), I wouldn't mind the attention. as long its positive and respectful.

• hahaha sure, if you really want to. and I guess so, but you would never catch me wearing lipstick alone... that makes the look incomplete. Plus, I would never wear lipstick to class unless its on the natural look side. a tinted lip balm would suffice.

• I thought the color of ur lips made up half of ur looks '-'
      So its true right? Do y'all juz wear dem SMEXY red lipstix for fun or is it a sign of single and rdy to mingle? 😋

• I hate makeup so in my opinion its not a good idea...

• I hardly talked to anyone in CC. It's not like high school. Everyone just minds themselves.

• yeah, thats what I've heard too. I know it's not like a regular ol' university, so I shouldn't have any high expectations.

What Girls Said 6

• if you want to wear makeup... wear VERY LITTLE amount.. keep in mind that you're only going to classes

• Sure go ahead. Just doing overdo it

• I wouldn't in fact I don't hardly ever wear make up

• I am 15 and wear make up so yes. But just keep it natural.

• you could but its just community college

• yes you should/.