Is it ok to wash my hair every day?

I've read that you shouldn't wash your hair every day but if I don't my scalp itches and feels really uncomfortable and greasy. does anyone know of products to stop this or how I can reduce the amount of times I wash my hair so it doesn't get greasy as quickly. Thanks for any help

Most Helpful Guy

• Have you tried washing it (with shampoo) every other day, and just rinsing it with water on the other days?

• Thanks, will try this.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's NOT ok to wash your hair every day. I'll get dry and unhealthy. It may start to fall off as well.
    Start by washing your hair (at least) every 2 days.
    The more you wash it, the worse - it'll get itchier and greasier, trust me.
    (My mother is a hairdresser)

What Guys Said 2

• I wash mine daily in the shower. Have done for years. Never had a problem!!

• I personally wash my hair every day and I haven't had an issue yet...

What Girls Said 5

• Mine gets greasy every day so just started washing every day. Nothing works for me.

I meant to try putting lemon juice and warm/tepid water in jug and throwing that on last after hair completely washed.

• i think its not healthy to wash your hair everyday!!! i think you should use a shampoo especially formulated for oily scalp

• You can use dry shampoo, talc or corn starch to soak up the grease.

• I wash my hair twice a week. In between washes I use dry shampoo.

• The more you wash it, the more oil your scalp will produce.

I've heard brushing your hair with a boar's hair brush can help your hair look less oily and sprinkling baby powder near your roots and rubbing it in to absorb excess oil can help.