Can long skirts be worn casually?

I absolutely love long/maxi skirts and I would love to wear them casually but I'm afraid people would think it's too dressy/formal.
What do you think?
I'm very fond of long dresses and skirts, I feel that I was born in the wrong era x)

Can long skirts be worn casually?

• It's not casual
  • It can be casual

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• Life is too short to not wear what you want :-)
    They can definitely be casual though, in my opinion.

A long skirt with a crop top so you're showing a bit of mid drift is a cute look, or if you're not so comfortable with showing skin then a cute top tucked into a high waisted skirt is a lovely look too :)

What Guys Said 3

• Most goth girls wear long black dresses all he time. They are as casual as you want to make them. I think you will look stunning!!

• In a library, yes.

• I like them too.

What Girls Said 5

• I think it depends on how you style and accessorize. If you keep the top casual, and not too "fancy" jewelry, shoes/sandals or purse it can be casual. I have a cream maxi skirt, it has a short skirt underneath and a sheer long layer on top. I wear a navy tank top, brown sandals and no jewelry with it so it keeps it low-key. :)

• I'd say that you can wear them casually. I would, but I'm too short :P

• If you less than 5' 1" then you might have a problem with some long dresses. My mum is that height and she's always wearing long dresses or skirts!

• I'm 5'2, so just a little over that, but unfortunately yeah, I can't usually wear long dresses or skirts without falling over them :P It's a shame because they look so great.

• I'm 5'9 so I wear them a lot. But sometimes I wish I was like 5'6. Lol

• I love it, I wish it was more common, I would so wear them! <3

• yes it can be casual

• i love the style of the #1 #4 and #5 pictures!!
    and yes they can be worn casual, many girls do :)