Girls, How much makeup is appropriate for a 13 year old?

I just want to know what you guys think is appropriate, my mom is letting me wear it on speical occasions, but I want to know what is and what is not appropriate for a girl my age. I am still young, so I think foundation is out of the question. What is your opinion?

Okay thanks! All I have is mascara, so I wanted to know what would be appropriate because I didn't want to overdo anything. I now realize that I don't need to wear any makeup! Thanks! :)

20

Most Helpful Girl

• It's different for every girl. I don't wear makeup but my mom actually WANTS me too (and no she's not one of those pageant moms or anything). My mom offered to let me wear makeup when I was 11 actually lol. I guess it's your mother knows best. Obviously it's your face and your body though so if you don't feel comfortable wearing it or don't want to that's completely fine.

What Girls Said 19

• If your mom says special occasions if stick to that. As for like everyday? Maybe like a tinted Chapstick and eyeshadow or mascara?

• NONE. i seriously dont accept the idea of a 13 yr old wearing makeup. us 90's girls wouldn't have worn it till we were at least 15-16, heck maybe even 18.

• I think lipgloss and marcara is enough. Personally, I started wearing foundation at 15, and I made the mistake of wearing a heavy coverage powder foundation and it looked cakey on my face. So, when you decide to try foundation, go for a light coverage liquid one.

• I let my 7 year old daughter wear makeup and take her to do her nails, but only eye-shadow and lipstick. I started wearing makeup when I was 12. I think 13 is appropriate. I don't see the problem with it. My mother told me once, if you're old enough to spend a week out of the month bleeding from your body, than you're old enough to wear makeup LOL. I really don't see what the big deal is.

• tbh when i was 13 years old i wasn't wearing any makeup at all
    i guess you should use as less makeup as possible

• Lipstick and eye liner and high lights around the eyes for weddings or graduation ceremonies or on t. v. performances or church concert performances. No make up for anything else.

• Properly applied, foundation won't make you look overdone.

However, at your age, all I was allowed to wear was lipgloss. Perhaps mascara.

• No makeup.
    It's weird it's a question.

• None. That's just my take.

• Eyeliner or mascara and a lip balm.

I would say start focusing on skincare instead.

• mascara and lipgloss? you're way too young to start playing with anything more..

• Mascara is definitely appropriate, and lipgloss too. For special occasions, some subtle lipstick and eyeshadow are totally fine too.

• Okay thanks! On the first day of school I wanted to dress my look up with some mascara, but I wanted to make sure it was appropriate. Thanks!!

• Mascara is a great place to start. I started wearing it daily when I was 11.

• Lipgloss/lip balm and mascara is enough, I think.

• I think you could put some pencil, blush, lipgloss. I'm 18 and that is all I do... sometimes i put mascara or red lipstick (on special occasions).

• When I was 13 not so long ago, my idea of makeup was butterfly face paint and colouring my eyelids with crayons. Wear lip balm.

• I think foundation is ok if you have any blemishes. When i was 13 i wore foundation, blush, and natural eye shadow colors. As i got older i wear eyeliner, mascara, concealer, foundation and more.

• I'm sure you look pretty without makeup :)

• I consider lip-balm and maybe mascara acceptable.
    I don't think you need it though, but that's just me.

• At 13, I used to put some lipstick on and maybe some blusher if I had a fancy family dinner but that's it. I don't advise to put more makeup. At 13, your skin is still very pure and fragile so just take care of it the right way and enjoy it before it's not the same