Would guys be turned off by weird music taste?

I listen mainly to weird Scandinavian metal, including the some with the dreaded "Cookie Monster" style vocals. I've never told anyone exactly what I listen to, because I think I'll get made fun of for it, but is it really that bad? I could continue to hide it, I guess, but I figure it would turn up in a conversation with a boyfriend, especially since I'm a music addict.

My looks apparently don't match my taste, either. My dad guessed that I listened to Carrie Underwood based on the way I look. I told him he was right, because I was afraid to admit otherwise.

Most Helpful Guy

• i wouldn't make fun of the kind of music a girl listens to. probably cause I like a bit of cookie monster style music...not alot. something along the lines of escape the fate or bullet for my valentine. did you know that the drummer for avenged sevenfold died monday? they were pretty good too. I hope their album they were making at the time still releases.

What Guys Said 3

• I would definitely not make fun of you! I'd much prefer you over a Jonas Brother/Disney lover. Those girls drive me crazy. I love hard rock/metal too, so it'd be a huge turn on :)

You shouldn't worry bout hiding it. Only people you'll probably get sh*t from are other girls. Guys would either find it a turn on or not care; I guarantee it.

Message me sometime, I love talking about music :)

• Make any would-be boyfriends listen to some early Crematory (Swe) demos. If he doesn't like it, dump him.

Reference: link

• you should totally message me. I'm the biggest metalhead you'll ever know. I can do any type of metal, and I prefer girls like you (dont have the "metal look" but have the "metal personality")

if you don't want to message me that's cool. just alwasy nice to meet girls like u

What Girls Said 1

• Haha I love music from Finland so I hear ya on the weird music thing. If I was a guy I would think you're pretty cool and unique