How many of you shop at thrift stores? for clothes specifically?

im pretty low on funds for anything right now lol, about to start college and about to move into an apartment with some friends, so i had to save a bunch for that. i had to fight the urge to shop those typical stores i go to, which are not that cheap. anyways, i went on utube and saw a video that gave tips on buying clothes for less, one of them was thrift stores, and i decided to check it out and i was pleasantly surprised, found great clothes and brands like banana republic, lrg, clairborne and others, there was some stuff that just looked worn out but the stuff i picked was in really good condition, i think thats where my go to place will be to shop for clothes haha that and JackThreads. anyways i recommend checking out ur thrift stores near by,

• yes
  • no

Most Helpful Girl

• I've bought summer dresses there before, also cat furniture/toys, pillows to make my dog's these really huge dog beds. My niece loves to go with me, she can buy an entire outfit for like $20 which is good because she's just going to grow out of it in a month anyway. And yes they do have some pretty nice stuff sometimes.

Most Helpful Guy

• I go to them but not as much as I used to. You need to find a good one and keep checking back. Some thrift stores are much better than others. Good ones will have a lot of good brand and new clothes. Sometimes you find new clothes with the original tag still on them.

The thing I get almost entirely at thrift stores are heavy winter shirts. New winter shirts are just so light weight any more. So old shirts from thrift stores are about the only way to find them. You can't find those heavy shirts even at outdoor stores like hunting and camping stores.

I also bought a pretty nice suit at a thrift store for $6. It even fit fairly well with only minor alterations. The alterations were no more than a new suit would have.

I also look for books, music CDs and games at thrift stores.

• yeah i spent like less than $60 on like shirts that were of good brands and in good condition

What Girls Said 7

• I shop at thrift shops all the time. It's a real money saver and the clothing is so cute!

• Yes, have bought loads, great way to find vintage stuff as well as designer labels.
    As long as the quality and condition is good, I have no problems wearing second hand.

• i love to, you always find cool and interesting things for a good price :3

• I buy clothes from thrift stores from time to time.

• I used to like it until they didn't have my lengths anymore because it would look too short on me so I have to spend even more money on custom extra length clothes

• i hate thrift store shopping.. i don't like the idea of wearing someone else's old and unwanted clothes

• I love them!

• yeah, i love them now too

What Guys Said 3

• I have heard good things about thrift shops and the quality has improved vastly. People are buying new clothes more often thus giving used clothes away earlier in better condition.

• Yeah I have several times before. I like going into goodwill and look at other things besides clothes as well.

• I really don't like wearing previously worn clothes.