What age do people stop caring about their appearance?

When people stop caring about how others see them, how they dress, their General appearance, their weight etc.

• Around 25
  • Around 30
  • Around 35
  • Around 40
  • Around 45
  • Around 50
  • Around 55

Most Helpful Girl

• I voted "around 30". But it's not like you just stop caring altogether.. just, you care more about appearing professional and like a respectable adult and less about looking attractive. The irony is that people start to actually BE more attractive when they get to that point where being "hot" isn't one of their priorities... I honestly think both men and women in their early thirties are at their most attractive (not counting the women who've had kids because, no offense ladies, but a lot balloon at that point).

Most Helpful Guy

• Any age I know people who are in their 80s and very fussy about their appearance.

• But not to the same extent as a young person who's constantly being judged by their peers and the opposite sex.

What Girls Said 8

• good question. id say 25 ish, but this is a broad claim, in that many people could obsess over that till the day they die. really depends on how comfortable one feels in their own skin.

• Really, you think so? At 25, people are still being judged on their appearance though. I think as people get older, their judged more on their merits rather than appearance.

• sure, but you're gonna b judged most of your life regardless. whether u give a damn or not is an entirely different story :)

• Most probably 50's-60's I know that's when my grandma and my mom stopped dying their hair to hide any of the grey hairs. Which I think my mom hair looks awesome with it. Since the grey is more of a silver color. So her hair is a mixture of black and silver. :)

• I'd say 50

• For me it was around 20. But it wasn't like I let myself go, I just stopped trying to dress to impress. Impress who? All I was doing was taking exams so might as well do it in comfort.

• Maybe above 55 but it depends really on individual.
    I am less concerned now compared with 10 years ago but still want to take care of my skin.

• My guess is around 45-50.

• Vote H = Off line I see the "fuck it" attitude across ALL age groups

• I am close to 25 and I guess I've started not caring at all. I believe it depends on the individual though.

• Why don't you care? Are you in a relationship?

What Guys Said 15

• Nobody ever stops caring until they're so old and wrinkly that they don't seem to change anymore physically, and then they can just say that they're old. I voted for 55 simply because it's the oldest...

• Most people, probably in their late 40s or 50s, but they'll claim they are at that point by the 20s despite all their selfies and how much time money and effort they spend on their appearance.

• At some point in their 50s is my guess. Not really needed as much because of retirement coming up and other things.

• I never have cared. Why should I? The whole thing seems pretty silly and trivial.

• Strange people are saying 25. I feel like late 20's is when people care the most about what the world thinks of their appearance.

• Probably in their 30's when they realize they live long enough to not give a ship about what other people think of u.

• Vote A! lol

• I'd say 60 years old

• I never really did.

• Hopefully, never. I can't stand lack of hygiene.

• Never cared honestly.

• I stopped caring about it at the age of 21

• Whenever they get married.

• Around never.

• I said around 55, but it really depends on the person.