I try not to take it personally, but I admit that I get a little irritated when I see that what I thought was a good question is rated one or two stars for no apparent reason. I'm not posting pictures and begging people to tell me I'm hot or anything like that, and, to me, those are the annoying questions, not the ones asking for honest advice.
A lot of times, it seems to happen when I admit that I've been hurt in some way or have a hard time with something. Are people just doing it to be mean?
Most Helpful Guy
I don't know why people rate stuff down. If it was me rating stuff I would look at these things:
1) Question asked: How serious is the question. If it is just some guy/girl crying about how they look, what is "he thinking", I'm scared...stuff like that..it will be rated down. If it was something serious and makes me have to have a good response to help, I'll rate higher.
2) If the person rants on about the question (basically writing a story in the details of the question) I'll rate down. Why? Majority of questioners ask one question, but ask another question in the details and that is confusing.
3) Spelling and pronunciation...if it is bad: I rate down. There is no excuse for just horrible spelling.
4) Attitude of the question asker...if someone answers a question and the question asker gets upset and replies unfavorably, they get rated down (sometimes).
5) Repetition of questions...a lot of times I do see the same questions being asked over and over again, and although I don't rate down, others do.
I've noticed that ratings for questions go higher over time when there is a large amount of people answering questions.
I hope that helps.