Are certain clothing items less appropriate for busty girls?

I'm not going to sit here and claim I have the biggest boobs on the planet, but I sit at a full C and have since I was about 19. I noticed that once I exceded beyond a B cup, people began scrutanizing the way I dressed more. I am a shameless tank top wearer, and I noticed that many of my smaller busted friends are able to wear the exact same shirt as me, but when I wear it, it automatically becomes "sluttier." I know this, because people tell me or act like I'm naked if I don't put a cardigan or some kind of pull-over over it.

So, here's my question: do you think that if you fall under a bustier spectrum, that certain clothes become less appropriate for you to wear? Why or why not?

Most Helpful Guy

• That seems a but judgmental to me - I don't think the size of the boob should make a clothes item any sluttier, it should be the clothes item itself that is judged.

What Guys Said 9

• 1. Again a matter of perception - 'There is no truth - there's only perception' - Gustave Flaubert (A french novelist of the 1800s)
    2. Let's accept for a fact that every living thing that can think to any minimal extent (hence not limited to humans) is born insecure
    3. Confidence is an acquired skill. Those who are confident and optimistic always are more likely using it as a facade to cover up their shortcomings
    4. The insecurity in people says that since your full C cup shows more than a less bustier girl, you are trying to show it off and thus the term 'slutty'
    5. Ideally a double standard but there are deep roots in this 'thought' process in the creation of society :)
    6. It's their shortcomings that is talking and it's not in reality about what you are or what you are wearing :)

• So your saying that you and a girl who is smaller wear the same shirt you look sluttier in the tshirt to them? Maybe they just jealous they dont look as good as you? You dont just say that to someone haha hey girl you look sluttier in that shirt compared to me lol.
    No i dont think so. What i am imagining is that on a smaller girl it probably is not as good but on a bustier girl the shirt probably looks better on her. You know us guys like curves. Wouldn't that show off more on a bustier girl? doesn't mean its sluttier tho just means it looks better lol.

• Sadly, yes, I do think this is the case, only because your 'virtues' are more prominent. It would be akin to a very well endowed guy wearing bike shorts, or a Kardashian wearing yoga pants... some clothes will make something that is already noticeable, even moreso... I don't agree with the slut-shaming aspect, though

• Yes of course... not everything is meant for everyone to wear

It's all about balance, if there's a shirt that shows a lot of boob and pushes them up, they might be more suitable for girls with smaller boobs... a shirt that covers a small boob girl might show a lot of boob if you have big ones

• So what would your advice be for bustier girls who want to wear things like shirts with certain necklines or tank tops? And do you think maybe there should be clothing made specifically for larger busted women?

• Possible?

• Well for me personally I feel my clothes are tasteful, I don't mind the stigma so much, I was more just curious about what people's feelings were on it.

• No that's stupid and completely unfair to judge someone like that. People judge because they find it sexually arousing so they think it's inappropriate. Just because it does set off that thing in their head and they blame it on you.

• I personally don't think it is. I think it has to do with proportions. If a smaller busted girl wore a tank top that doesn't cover it's just as bad as a bigger busted not covering either. Seems more like a covering issue to me.

• Well I've noticed (in my personal case) that I can be wearing a regular tanktop that covers my literal bust line, but because my breasts naturally stick out more (regardless of the shirt being my size, any bigger and it wouldn't fit at all) so people feel it's more provocative.

• I don't really think it's more provocative. As a guy I'll be honest, it might catch my attention more but I wouldn't say you're trying to be 'slutty' or inappropriate because it's just the way you are.

• I wouldn't say it's slutty but it's definitely more noticeable when someone is facing and talking to you.

Big boobs are nice so just wear what you want tbh.

• I don't think clothes are less appropriate for you to wear, unless you're going to act all annoyed because people look at your boobs. Because men will stare, that's for sure.

• That's fair enough as well I suppose. I don't care so much if people look, but if it goes beyond a glance, it's a bit annoying, I'll admit.

• Yes it would lead me to astray

What Girls Said 5

• Yes, I do feel that there are certain things bustier women should be more careful about wearing, but this also goes with less busty women. It's like there are certain things skinny people can wear, whereas curvier figures cannot wear and vice versa. It's not bad, but it just is. I am also a c-cup and I know the challenges of wearing certain things. Due to insecurities over my body, I usually wear a lot of flowy tops as to hide my bust. I know my limits when it comes to things I can and can't wear. I think it is fine to wear a tank-top, but I just think it's best that ones boobs are not spilling out of it. There is nothing wrong with showing some cleavage, but it just has to be tastefully done.

• What advice would you give to someone who was bustier in regards to their clothing then? Alterations, should they be expected to wear looser clothing, etc?

• That's good advice, thanks for responding.

• You're welcome. Glad I could help. :)

• I have DDs and I will admit that some things that look great on less-busty girls look horribly tacky and trashy on me. C cups I think are like, a perfect size. I had them at 16 and they were perfect.

• That's fair enough, I can see your point.

• Yes they do become more inappropriate I use to wear tank tops but when I hit a D cup I stopped but even when I was a C cup I always tried to wear thick strapped crop tops and cover myself with a jacket
    I'm a DDD and I don't wear tank tops but I find I look good in certain styles of crop tops that are loose because they cover my chest and show no cleavage

• According to me it is up to a person whether they are comfortable with some kind of clothing... it's up to you what you want to wear... you don't listen to people with bullshit opinion... we get only one life... live it the way you want to...

• Yes. I'm a K cup and I can't wear something without being told to "cover up" but it's harder for me to do, and I feel like I'm being shamed.