Is it okay to wear yoga pants in public?

Not at the gym. Like to the mall, while hanging out with friends and so on. Is it weird or OK?

• Yes, it's weird and looks skanky.
  • No, they are like any pants/leggins.
Sorry about the weird poll options. I screwed up :P

Most Helpful Guy

• Yes they're fine to wear in public, in my opinion. :) Or, at least, they SHOULD be considered fine, ahah. However, I dunno what country you live in or what their standards for dressing are.

But here in the US, I honestly don't understand why there is occasionally controversy here about yoga pants as if they were some extra skanky/obscene thing, lol. xD Considering the current standards of dressing here in the US, I don't see why form-fitting clothes like yoga pants should be considered inappropriate at a mall or in a store.

Most Helpful Girl

• I votes "yes" as in it's okay to wear them, not seeing the rest of that option. I meant No, they are like any pants/leggins.

Weird way to make a poll, could affect the answers of people like me, who vote before they read the whole sentence.

Anyways, as I already said, yoga pants are as okay as any other pants.

• *Voted

• I'm so sorry, I'll post the question again I didn't see it :P

• Haha you don't have to apologize for my laziness^^

What Guys Said 10

• I was thinking along the lines of B - Just like leggings

• Yes, it's ok. I see lots of girls wearing them, I see no reason not too, they're pants after all.

• If you wanted to walk around naked or just in underwear, would you do it? Because that's what guys see and think when you walk around in yoga pants and leggings.

• Yes but only with a thing under it.

• It's okay, as long as u don't mind guys staring.

• If you have the body for it, there is never a wrong time to not wear them.

• they look good no matter what

• Depends really lot of factors to consider

• It just looks like you just got out of bed. It's not cool

• why would it be weird? Oh i get it, you're afraid of looking like a slut... It's fine, you won't look like one.

What Girls Said 6

• It's weird to see little girls in them but ehh

• Sorry, I sit on the skanky side of the fence, nothing wrong if you wear a skirt over the top, but on their own, Nah sorry, its the same as walking around in a pair of opaque tights. But hey if you don't mind that, fine, its just not for me.

• lol I wear them everyyywhheeere

• well i wanted to vote A but your wording should have been different

• To be honest, I wouldn't choose to wear yoga pants in public with a top for example.
    I'd only wear yoga pants paired with a shirt that covers my butt.

• It's totally okay!