My girlfriend never shows any skin, am I allowed to be pissed?

She was diagnosed with an allergy to the sun when she was a kid -ik sounds bullshit but it's real- so she always wears long sleeves and tights or pants and biker gloves which means I never get to see any cleavage when we're outside and she never wears any of those cute cutoff shorts or bikinis or even goes to the beach at all. and forget about crop tops and booty shorts! I just really want to show off her body to my friends so they know I scored. Am I allowed to be upset about it that she never shows skin? Even when we're out at night or just hanging at friends she won't because she's grown accustomed to covering up. Am I allowed to be pissed and try to get her to wear more revealing clothing when we're going out at night or just chilling with friends? No matter how many times I tell her I want her to she just won't. But shouldn't I have a little say?

• You're right, you should have say in her wardrobe. I'd be pissed too.
  • You're wrong, you shouldn't have say in her wardrobe but I'd be pissed too.
  • You're right you should have say in her wardrobe, but I wouldn't be pissed if it were me.
  • You're wrong you shouldn't have say in her wardrobe and have no right to be pissed.

Most Helpful Girl

• Ok this has nothing to do with the sun, the girl is just very modest and that bothers you. It's also possible she has scars she doesn't want you to see. I would sooner bet that's it.

If not...
    You can try to force this, but clothes are a big part of how we present ourselves to other people. A piece of our identity. If you intrude on her sense of individuality without her genuinely wanting to go along with it, and you only make her feel fake and not good enough in the form she likes herself in, she may grow to hate you for it. Especially if there is some moral/emotional appreciation of modesty within her. In that case you should really fuck off. Some guys and girls really aren't meant for one another.

But if you just want to appreciate her looks because you love her and she is torturing you by refusing to show skin to you, you need to appeal to her with your desires in an intimate loving sense. "I want to see you. I want to be able to appreciate your beauty." blah, blah...
    You can get her to try something out for your sake and if she really doesn't like it, it's ok.

But if this truly about you needing intimacy.

As far as your friends go... "I want to show you off, I want everyone to know I scored." That is not about maintaining your relationship, but about your pride. And while I am all for making my guy's friends jealous of him, because I want to make him happy, if a girl is not ok with being your trophy, forcing her to act like one to make you happy is incredibly cruel.

Just like one girl may enjoy swinging in with her husband, but if that man remarried and married a woman who could never engage in something like that, forcing it on her just to meet his need is incredibly cruel.

If social status and appearances matter to you so much and her modesty does to her too, just walk away. Don't waste her time.

• Well I know she doesn't have scars. I've seen her naked. It's not like we dont have sex.

• So this is only about you showing of? :/
      Look modesty is a virtue for a reason. Women have to put effort into being modest, because wanting to attract attention and validation with our looks is a temptation on a slipper slope.

If this girl doesn't do it EVEN WHEN encouraged, there is a deeply emotional reason for that.
      If you want to look past her discomfort, past her feelings, past her unusual behavior, ignore all that and only think about yourself, you're just a selfish cunt.

If you wish to change a behavior of hers, it must be based in love. If you want her to meet your needs you have to take care of her in turn. Meet her needs too. So if she's emotional, you have to tend to that. Give her time, support, care, encouragement.
      Don't lie, she'll see trough you. Say you want them to be jealous of you having such a beauty.

• You're allowed to feel any way like about this, you're allowed to break up over this and you're allowed to try and change it. But if you do try and change it, don't think like a selfish cunt. Think about her and your relationship at all times.

If you can't look past your needs, your anger and your indignation, then break up. You're not fit to date this girl. Either you're a petulant child who shouldn't be dating anyone, or you just don't love this one.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your girlfriend is allergic. You are as reasonable as bitching to your friend about how they are assholes for not trying your grandmother's secret peanut pie recipe when your friend is lethally allergic to peanuts.

You clearly don't respect her anyways, you only have right to be pissed if she doesn't show any skin for you at night in your bedroom. Otherwise, you are absolutely unreasonable in your demand. That, and honestly, do you think she enjoys that she literally CANNOT go to the beach like "any other teen/girl/person" as she would get sick? Or you never really thought about it at all, because you clearly don't care about her at all beyond "scoring in front of your friends". I voted D).

What Girls Said 12

• Just break up with her. She deserves to be with a guy who wants her as more than just a trophy or something to show off to friends so you can brag.

• +1 Asker is a jerk.

• Many people missed the point, and asker should have worded this better, that even "at night", she doesn't.

Even indoors.

• @r3d_anonymous
      That still doesn't change the fact that he wants her to dress in revealing clothes in front of his friends so he can "brag" about how hot his girlfriend is. He's using no her as a status symbol. An OBJECT. He wants people ogling his prize so he can feel good about HIMSELF and congratulate himself on the great prize he's won.

• u know what? I'm not even gonna take this question seriously. just leave her. like she's got enough to deal with. she doesn't need someone so inconsiderate telling her what to wear.

and this:
    "I just really want to show off her body to my friends so they know I scored."

u care about nothing but appearances. you're a dick.

Even indoors.

• And since all they do is make out and grope, if I can get her to wear less it's be a lot easier to rip it off and start fucking so they can see and I'll become head honcho instead of Pete. All I need is to convince her to wear less and I can make it happen. And I really want it to happen!!

• honestly mate, i dont really care about what the point was. the fact is that this is the mentality surrounding the 'point', no? @r3d_anonymous

and asker i feel like if this is really what u meant, how come this isn't clarified in an update? how come you've left so many people without comments? if u really feel bad for coming off wrong, then update ur question and fix the shit u wrote.

• find a girlfriend who shows more skin if its that important to you. you sound crazy getting mad at her for not wearing what you want.

• Yes he is crazy but she doesn't even wear something revealing in the night!!! That's a problem

• She has an allergy to the sun... so you want her to go outside and have her skin damaged because you want to show her off... right... that makes tons of sense.

• Even at night, if she's not comfortable with it you have two options: get over it, or date someone else. She isn't a barbie doll that you can dress up and show off like a shiny new toy.

• My best friend is allergic to the sun, and she wears the same clothes. YOU SHOULD LOVE YOUR GIRLFRIEND FOR HER PERSONALITY FOR THE MOST PART! Maybe tell her while your inside or at night, "Hey i'd like to see some skin sometime."

• I do tell her that. She just says she can't risk it and won't let me argue the point insisting its none of my business which I do not agree with.

• "Show off your girl"? What kind of guy are you? I would dump you right away if you had that attitude. You should have lots of sympathy for her, it's probably really hot wearing all that in the summer...

• i voted D!!! you're wrong you shouldn't have say in her wardrobe and have no right to be pissed!! do you think that she's some kind of trophy that you'll just show to your friends? you should be able to understand that she's allergic to the sun!!!

• "... just really want to show off her body to my friends so they know I scored."

Come on, man.

Anyway, I was going to say she doesn't have to cover up in her house, lol.

• You have no right.

• Lol you want your girlfriend to be dressed like a hoe? Whats the problem here? You sound ridiculous

• You want her to show more skin so you can show her body off to your friends? You're disgusting and disrespectful and she deserves better than you. Her body isn't for your friends to be ogling at! You're treating her like an object.

• I am not sure if this is supposed to be a trolling attempt. First off, you have no say in the clothes your girlfriend chooses to wear. That is absolutely none of your business.
    By knowing that she is allergic to the sun, you should mind more about her health, rather than her looking sexy for you and your friends.
    Anyway, you are not reasonable and you do not respect her. If I was in her position, I'd probably dump you.

What Guys Said 13

• Are other guys really this thoughtless?

• How am I thoughtless? I'm with her aren't i? I should be able to show her off

• it's the bad ones that make it hard for the good ones to win us over.

• Many people missed the point, and asker should have worded this better, that even "at night" or indoors, she doesn't.

• Of course you should be pissed, your bragging rights are much more important than her health and safety after all.

• Having her wear some slinky at night or indoors with friends shouldn't be able to hurt her health or safety:P

• She'll get some gross skin blister stuff and start whining because her skin overheats or some crap like that. Big deal.

• Yes, it is a big deal. You should probably show her this question so she will see just how insignificant she is to you.

• Ooo where can I find these women that cover up completely I'd be very interested to know

• A girlfriend is supposed to be someone you love not a trophy to be paraded in front of your friends.

• " I just really want to show off her body to my friends so they know I scored "
    so your girlfriend is just your trophy to show off to your friend that you are awesome that you can get a girl with nice body? poor girl..

• Many people missed the point, and asker should have worded this better, that even "at night or even indoors", she doesn't.

I voted B. Asker is allowed to be pissed in this situation.

If you people would actually read the fucking question. I see this all the time. People just answer based off the title and maybe the first couple of sentences.

• You missed the real point.

"I've been trying to get her to have sex with me while we're all hanging out and it would be A LOT easier to get her into it if there wasn't so much fabric to get through and I could just slip/rip it off really easily. then she'd have no choice but to go along with it lol. I mean it's not like she's shy in the sack;) Be cool to have all eyes on us instead of my friend Pete and his random slags.

And since all they do is make out and grope, if I can get her to wear less it's be a lot easier to rip it off and start fucking so they can see and I'll become head honcho instead of Pete. All I need is to convince her to wear less and I can make it happen. And I really want it to happen!!"

His own words.

• Grow up boy!

• Stop being a fucking douchebag. She is ALLERGIC TO THE BLOODY SUN and you're pissed because you can't "show off her body to my friends so they know [you] scored"? No, you're not allowed to be pissed. I hope you become allergic to the sun.

Also, leave her. Not because she's not dressing revealing enough, but because you don't fucking deserve her.

• U want her to risk her health to appease you?

• You should not be so selfish. Just ask her if she can do all of that indoor for you dummy.

• I hope you're just trolling

• i mean like you can suggest stuff i guess.

• Take her somewhere it's hot, like say "let's go for a walk" on a beautiful day or something. Then she won't be able to wear long sleeves right?