Why don't people like wearing suits?

I'm a guy, I'm 16 and I've never worn or owned a suit before. A couple months ago my dad took me to a casual clothing store, I got a $220 suit jacket for $22, 5 $50 dress shirts for $5 each, a $75 dress shirt with a tie for $10, a fancy $35 watch for $3.50, and a $30 necktie for $15. Where I live I've never seen a sale on any product for more than 20 percent off, but I certainly got lucky there. I love wearing those clothes. They're very fine material and almost make me not hate myself. But my dad said people himself included usually hate wearing suits. Why don't people like wearing suits like I do?

0|0
3|10

Most Helpful Girl

• Because they're usually not as comfortable, and make some people look overdressed depending on the occasion.
    Lol they do look snazzy on guys though

0|1
    0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• I love suits actually they are very comfortable, I just haven't had the money to buy one they are expensive.

0|1
    0|0
    • You'll find an excellent discount like the one I got, you just have to look

What Girls Said 2

• I'm guessing they're not too comfortable.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have no idea why, but I dislike the look of suits on guys. I just consider it way too much.

0|0
    0|1

What Guys Said 9

• I'm not sure why, but I personally love wearing suits.

0|2
    0|0
  • You'll know when you start buying or even get your suits tailored which cost time and money. I think not many people likes to spend time looking for the right combinations, right size, right color and right prices.

Little tipp
    Don't wear your suits too often. Use it when its time to shine otherwise you'll be a always dress to impress dude which is annoying.

0|0
    0|1
  • I like wearing suits but no necktie - Open at neck of shirt

0|1
    0|0
  • I guess as an average American or Canadian, doesn't really matter, it is considered to be for politicians and other people who make too much money, to their liking.

0|2
    0|0
  • Not as comfortable, not very practical, expensive

0|1
    0|0
  • Ikr it makes you feel so classy

0|2
    0|0
  • I like suits, even though I don't own one. if they weren't so expensive I might get one.

0|1
    0|0
  • I'm uncomfortable in many kinds of clothes, especially in heavy fabric around arms and shoulders.

0|1
    0|0
  • I have several bespoke suits. They are just like wearing pajamas. I wouldn't be so comfortable in anything not fitted to me because I'm an unusual shape. Suits are unusual nowadays unless your job requires them. I don't think they are coming back, most people seem to wear actual pajamas nowadays.

0|1
    0|0