Is it true that women have to dress for their particular body type?

Just saw a mytake that basically describes how "figure 8's" are suppoosed to dress, but nowhere in that mytake does it say all other types can dress the same way, which I find insulting, even as a man. Is it true that women HAVE to wear clothes based on their body type?

Most Helpful Girl

• I suppose you saw my myTakes. It's aimed at figure 8's because that's my body type and I was frustrated I couldn't find enough info on it in the internet. So I wrote it to read more on this myself and help others. It's not insulting, or stating that women should only dress this way to look good. It's some general guidelines to show how to make your body look more symmetrical, more like an hourglass body. It's definitely not set rules, it's just a starting point to understand better what looks good on you. As I said, you must know the rules in order to break them.

What Girls Said 10

• Lol it's not the law or anything, but most of us prefer to because it flatters our bodies.

• yes its kinda true!
    women should wear outfits that will flatter their body shapes

• No.
    I didn't know about this and I don't think so.

You just dress whatever suits you/fits you/ feels comfortable/appropriate.

I didn't know about different shapes until I joined GaG, :O

• Yes.
    Women pretty much know what fits them best.
    However some women aren't as knowledgable as to what shapes FLATTERS them the best so they look up those kind of questions.

• No one is gonna call the police if you don't dress for your body type, it just looks better if you do.

• no, everybody's free
    to feel good

• No?
    Pretty sure you don't have to.
    They were probably just giving tips.

• There's no 'HAVE' here. It's just smart to wear something that flatters your figure...

• We don't HAVE to, but it helps.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it is for those that are into clothes and willing to go extra mile for fashion - To each their own.

• Every girl in the world has to wear a banana suit 😤

images.costumesgalore.net/.../banana-costume.jpg

• I feel that everyone should dress based on their body type. If you are muscular, fit, and healthy, no need for huge bagy clothing. If you are overweight, don't wear something that is tight enough that rolls can slip through. This way you feel comfortable and are still giving a fair presentation of yourself.

• Dress for the body you have, not the body you want.

• Well a fat girl definitely shouldn't wear yoga pants, that's for sure!