Will olive oil help control my straightened hair?

i have naturally curly hair and have finally learned how to straighten it right... i rarely do it though
anyway, i haven't done it in the summer before because of humidity and stuff
but i have a big occasion on the 4th and i want to straighten it... but im really scared because of the weather and i dont want it going crazy mid celebration

will olive oil stop my hair from frizzing?
anything else i can do?

thank youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu everyone

Most Helpful Girl

• I have never tried olive oil, but I don't think I want to. I have naturally curly hair. I have been straightening it for a few years. It used to frizz a bit in the beginning, but not anymore. I use shampoos with Brazilian Keratin, Argan Oil, etc. I also put Moroccan Oil in my hair before using the flat iron. It leaves your hair smelling awesome, in addition to protecting it from the heat and preventing frizz and re-curling. I have not had a problem with frizzing and I live in the south where it's hot and humid or cold and wet. Not an area that plays nice with people's hair.

• won't putting oil in your hair before straightening fry it?

• Thank you! I hope you enjoy yourself!

• you are welcome !

and thanks ^_^

What Guys Said 3

• No it won't and its too heavy for your hair. If you want to use oil use profesional products like bio silk. s1.folica.com/.../...y-family-gift-set-350x350.jpg

Also 90% of the femal population don't really know the proper hair drying technique because you can straighten hair mostly using a hairdryer and with proper technique, you won't see frizzing.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pqQYcKIiMsk

• Not true for people with super curly hair.

• Lol. Did I ever say anything about YOU as a stylist? You are making assumptions here. I was simply having a conversation with you, but apparently you are taking what I say as a personal affront. That was not my intention. I am telling you that after 34 years of having my hair done and 16 years of having my kids' hair done while having to go through so many different people before finding one that is really really good at what she does, I do know a thing or two about some things that work and don't work. I'm not saying that I am better than you or someone else. I am giving a different perspective and one that is from a client's side. Once you leave that salon, things are different and often frustrating.

• @crystalt70 you are getting frustrated over nothing. Aha xD also kinda going off topic no?
      @asker
      And to the asker, itll be fine. What that cream actually does is it prevents the hair to lose moisture when you use the straightener.

• 0|0
  • Wouldn't it make your hair look oily?

• i tried it before and no not if you put a tiny teeny bit lol

• I really don't know. All you can do is experiment I guess

• yea i guess..

What Girls Said 4

• olive oil will help tame the frizz. But there are also special oils made for this purpose, as well to protect from heat.

• i don't think its gonna stop your hair from frizzing

• oil will only help to a certain extent but if i were you id use macadamia oil rather than olive :)

• It can help you make the hair softer and more easily manageable. I am not sure if it can actually make you straighten it though.