Girls, How to curl your hair properly?

7

Most Helpful Girl

• Heat up the curling iron.

Most curling irons will need a little time to heat up before you can use them. If you try to curl your hair with the iron before it reaches the correct temperature, the curls will not hold.

Some curling irons will have different settings which you can play around with until you achieve the best result. Try to keep it at the lowest temperature possible though, to cause less damage to your hair. Look for curling irons that say none damage on the box.

Good luck.

• My curling iron goes up to 220 degrees... Is that too much? x

• Do I need to use a heat protect spray? Because I don't have one...

• Yes, once you've got the right product, always use it before blow drying or running a heat styling tool, like a curling iron or flat iron, through your hair. Another step to protect your strands from heat damage is to use a cooler temperature when blow drying. Even though it may take longer, the cooler temperature will help close the cuticle and make your hair shiny.

Good luck.

What Girls Said 6

• 0|0
  • Try a 3 barrel curling iron, I have naturally straight hair and it never curls but one of those gives it a nice wavy look.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=82BEHbhQyiY

• YouTube!!! they can actally show you. its super helpful :D

• It depends, what kind a curler you use, what type of curl you want, how tight you want them.
    I advise to go on YouTube they have a lot of curling tutorials, you can find one you like on there :)

• Either use a curling iron (careful because the heat may damage your hair) or use some big foam rollers after you take a shower. Let your hair dry with them and then remove them patiently!

• Watch YouTube videos. It's hard to write a paragraph on it. Watch a video