How much should a hairdresser be tipped?

Most Helpful Guy

• 1. I don't go by thumb rules.
    2. I like something my tips are generally extravagant (as everyone says and I agree) but my idea is TIPS (To Insure Proper Service).
    3. My regular tips are about anything between 25/30 to 50%
    4. Very good job and service I can go upto 100% and have done so on many occasions
    5. There have been instances that aren't very common when the TIPS had nothing to do with the invoice value or charges and it was in multiples of the invoice value or charges. These however, were for AWESOMELY OUTSTANDING services / job done :)

I'm not a role model but my hair dresser who I visit at least twice a month gets a fixed 40% TIP

Most Helpful Girl

• about 10 bucks.

What Guys Said 5

• you're supposed to tip hairdressers? What does the cost of the haircut cover? And is there anyone we aren't supposed to tip for doing the job they are already paid to do?

But, in the world of tips, I suppose 15% is the standard amount. I usually round up to the next dollar, myself. Of course, I'm only speaking of what I do in restaurants - I actually cut my own hair, so I don't know much about tipping hairdressers. I honestly find the whole idea of tips to be weird. Their employer is supposed to be their primary source of income - not the employer's customers. I mean, I understand tipping if someone does exceptionally well, but just for doing their job, that's very strange.

• I usually just round it up - It cost 8 euro to get my head shaved - I give 10 and tell them to keep change.

• My haircut costs $17. I just give him a $20.

• I usually pay about $25 here for a haircut, so I usually just give $30...

• 10-15% if your happy about their work

What Girls Said 3

• i dont tip them lol, they expensive af here.

• I'm a horrible person. I never thought your supposed to tip your hairdresser. :(

• When I go to my hairdresser it is 65$ but I pay 70-75$.