Poll: Do you like your natural hair or relaxed hair?

I think natural hair is so pretty. I look up to natural gurus because they helped me make my decision to go natural and their hair is stunning. Here are some of my favorite natural gurus:

NaturalNeiicey

Naptrual85

MohagnyCurls:

NaturalSistas:

• Natural
  • Relaxed

Most Helpful Guy

• I like my hair when I've spent time on it. 😂

• My mom keeps my hair in protective styles and I can't take it out or my hair will start knotting up. I only get to wear my natural hair on special occasions. I miss my curls, lol. However, my hair is growing so eh.

Most Helpful Girl

• Both. I've been natural for about 3 years now and I absolutely love my curls, but I also loved them when I got relaxers. They were just looser and my hair didn't frizz so bad when it was straightened with the relaxer. That's the one thing I miss about getting them.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 9

• I wear my hair natural and I love it. I do think all black women should be natural for a period of time just to see what its like and to embrace their natural hair. Its unfortunate that we haven't usually been raised to appreciate the natural beauty of our hair, but I know history and politics have a lot to do with that. Now some of that is changing. Naturals who have babies are encouraging their young girls especially to love their hair. I'm not against all relaxers and all weaves, wigs. However, I think it says a lot about someone if they dread being without the fake hair and live on relaxers. Some people really can't stand to see themselves with their natural hair and don't know how to take care of it. And for beauty's sake, the health of your hair is important whether you relax, weave, or wear it natural.

I miss straight hair sometimes, but I'd rather wear a wig that impose heat damage on my natural hair. At least not until I get it to waist length. (If I ever get there, been bra strap length forever lol)

I love those hair bloggers though. Especially naptural85. Love her. And her family channel is great (DearNaptural85) - her hubby and baby are so cute!

• I don't know what u mean by relaxed lol, but i like my hair both ways. i do feel more confident when it's straightened though.

• Leave it. Leave it. Leave it natural.

• I'm not black, but I think that natural hair looks really pretty <3

• Why do black girls have to transition into being natural, shouldn't you just have always been that way your whole life? The fact that so many black girls chemically alter their hair and wear weaves is so annoying and pretty disgusting. Self hatred much?

• Self hatred is a part of it, but its not like we brought that on ourselves. History determines the trends in what people inherent in terms of views on beauty.

And while I don't think they're exactly the same, lets not pretend other races of women haven't been chemically altering their hair and wearing fake hair. Non-black hair salons would be out of business if they didn't, for one thing.

• @miramiraonthewall Wow that commercial was something else. Of course women everywhere of all races have self esteem issues and it varies depending on the woman but my issue with black women is the thing they're most insecure about is what makes them so unique. I look at black girls all the time and I admire everything about them. Their complexion is so beautiful and usually flawless, they have really pretty features and 'black hair' (only because I don't know what else to call it) is so beautiful to me. You have the different ranges from curly to kinky and all of them look good. I think the problem black men may have with natural hair is when a woman is transitioning they tend to do a big chop. Men just find long hair more feminine and to once see you with long locks it's kind of like a shocker. The issue isn't necessarily that they view natural hair as bad it's just so foreign to them as it is for black women. I think if the majority of black women were natural instead of the minority,

• @miramiraonthewall there would be a huge difference in people's views on natural hair. I've seen black girls who've been natural their ENTIRE lives and their hair is gorgeous and really long, longer than mine. Black women have beautiful hair and it makes me angry they can't see that. All black women should be natural beauties not some, because those with weaves and perms and whatever else have only a fraction of what makes up real black beauty. And real black beauty is in it's natural state, not the state you can put together.

• I like the hair I was born with. My hair isn't like those girls, so I don't really look toward "natural hair gurus". Haha

• Mine isn't either but my mom watches their videos to learn different styles.

• WoW! I'm so jealous!
    I'd love to have that hair!

• I love my natural hair now way more than I ever loved my hair relaxed.

• Natural hair, relaxed hair.. aren't both the same thing? 😳 I don't get it

• Natural hair is hair in it's natural state. Relaxed makes your hair looser.