Is it bad to be a guy and love expressing myself through clothing and vintage?

I'm not gay, and I don't think its a gay thing, but Ik a lot of girls just assume that I'm gay because I love expressing myself through clothing and vintage and going antiquing and exploring thrift stores and making my own designs. :/ any girls who can see themselves with guys into making their own unique brand on style without being embarassed by the general public thinking I'm queer for it?

• I would love to be with a guy like that
  • It wouldn't be a deal breaker, but it's not ideal.
  • I couldn't be with a guy who loves clothes so much
  • I don't give a damn either way, so long as he's cool.

Most Helpful Girl

• are u serious? do u know how hot that is?

• No... All my guy friends just make fun of me for it and I only have one girl friend and she's an athlete who thinks it's kinda weird too... But, really? You think it's hot?

• lol... sad.
      yes i think it's great!

• Haha thanks :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Hey dude, take it from me, you are always going to have those ignorant simple-minded people who are going to label you soley based on your interest alone. I personally think what you do sounds pretty awesome and unique, and encourage your intrest for design. I am also straight, but I love to wear tighter fitting girls jeans, and I love adding new ones to my collection (closet...). I just feel good when I wear them, but to others it makes queer and told i look disgusting, ( I think they just insult my jeans cause they wish I didn't have any pants on at all). But no, wearing girls jeans isn't a gay thing (unless you're gay), and neither is your passion for clothing that expresses you and makes you feel good. Keep doing what your soul desires.

• Thanks man! Real assuring to hear another dude's speak :)

What Girls Said 7

• I absaloutly LOVE vintage style on males !! I think it is very very appealing... like the clothes gentle men wore in 1880 -1940 ... very appealing

• Haha yea I like the 1920s style and mixing eras like a 1950s style hat, shoes, and belt, with a 70s pant that's simple but still gives more texture to the vibe and then throw in a nice 80s print fitted sweater that isn't too out their but is still strange enough to be genuine.

• Still stand by what I sai. I don't believe in a distinction in style between gay and straight

• I do... one direction look very gay to me... so do fall out boy and most punk rockers

• I'm indifferent

• I think we should do whatever hobbies we enjoy doing, not what's popular. Whatever you do, there will still be people who don't like you for it, so just pay no mind to them. And I like thrifting and vintage or vintage reproduction clothes as well.

• vintage clothes are nice! there's nothing wrong with it

• that sounds really cute.

• What's your fav Fashion decade? :)

• I wouldn't mind it to be honest. Unless of course he was pressuring me to adapt my clothing style to his clothing style.

• I would never do that! Personal style says so much about a person. I wouldn't want to change who they are, so why would I want to change how they look when they're directly correlated and basically the same thing.

What Guys Said 3

• I think it is a very cool look and there will be plenty of girls who will love a guy who expresses his individuality through retro fashions and has a deep interest in clothes.

• Nothing wrong with vintage, and anyway it's not remarkable unless you wear women's clothes, which you didn't specify.

• Well I just got a red velvet blazer and have a faux fox jacket coming in the mail, so I hope not...