Why do girls like to wear thongs?

.. as undies or swimwear?

My opinion is they like to wear them as undies because it projects the sexiness that I'm naked under my jeans, skirt, shorts or whatever. Personally I kind of like seeing fine panty lines when the clothing is tighter cause I find that sexy. As far as swimwear, even though I've only been to a couple beaches where they're allowed, I'd say it's to show off their bodies. Don't girls wear clothes for comfort anymore or to feel dressed with cute clothes that complement the body since those are some of the purposes of clothing or are they so body conscious that they think as close to looking naked is the best look for other girls or guys to see?

Most Helpful Girl

• The only time I wear thongs is if I know that if I don't, my panty line will show. And hmmm I did not know that some guys find that sexy. Interesting :P

Thongs can be sexy looking but I don't wear them for that purpose. Thongs are on the less comfortable side when it comes to choosing between them and panties.

As far as boy shorts go, I don't think they flatter my figure one bit.

• Thanks. You are so right because I do find panty lines somewhat sexy sometimes. Thongs can make an extra pair of pants or jeans look great though. lol!

• Oh ok extra TIGHT! lol

• You're soo funny... but your answer and comments are so cute. haha! :-)

What Girls Said 18

• their designs can be sexy and cute but they are downright uncomfortable I prefer boyshorts or high legs

• I definitely wouldn't wear something that was uncomfortable, especially underwear. lol!. Thanks for your response.

• *raises hand* I wear clothes for comfort, and pick out cute clothes that complement my body type. I don't mind thongs so much as underwear, although they're not my first choice, but there is NO WAY I would go out in a thong bathing suit. I'm just, ah, not that confident in my body. And besides, swimsuits like that are simply impractical. You can't really swim very well in a suit like that, and you certainly can't dive or go into the waves at the ocean without taking the risk of exposing yourself entirely.

But I think you have the right idea, that girls like to show off their bodies. There's the idea that guys will find it sexy if we show as much skin as humanly possible, but really, girls, do you want guys to think of you as just a sex object? Because if you attract them solely on the basis of showing off your goods, then it's gonna be harder for them to think of you in any other way. That's how I see it, anyway. And it's totally possible to look cute in a swimsuit that actually covers your bottom and your girly bits more effectively.

• bikini underwear get bunched up in the jeans duh ;). and if were gonna wear thongs might as well buy sexy ones and make them look good.

• So true. haha! Wait... you mean look good just to you? lol!

• Hahahah ya I meant on me. I have a.d.d I'm pretty sure, and I'm trying to multi task not a good combo ;)

• the inly time I wear a thong is if I am wearing tight sweat pants. but to be honest thongs are too much like a weggie hahaha sorry to be blunt but its true. I like it better to wear a sexy pair of boy shorts or bikini style...basically leaves more to the imagination if a guy ever sees it.

• If definetely does especially if a girl is sitting and wearing a short skirt. ;:-) Thanks for your comment.

• In my opinion, boyshorts are the way to go. I've noticed that when girls wear thongs with tight pants, the panty lines are actually worse and you can tell they're wearing a thong. I suppose if you wore bikini panties they do bunch up and its super uncomfortable but that's why I like boyshorts.

More from Girls
13

What Guys Said 0