What age should you start wearing makeup?

I just want to know what everyone thinks because all the girls around me are from 13-18 years old and all of them wear makeup

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• I think you should use make up when you feel ready for it, not when girls around you use make up.

If you use make up early it's not bad. Go ahead and play with it. Check how you'll look depending on what you use. Have some fun with it and gain great experiences. In a private situation, there is hardly a minimum age.

What does matter is when you go out wearing make up in public. If you go out wearing make up too young, people will either make fun of you or think you're a slut. Same thing will happen if you overdo applying make up. It all depends on how you feel it's right. Let it depend on the situation. But when you go out shopping, doing the groceries, or whatever other daily stuff, there's no need for make up. Use make up when there's a need to enhance your facial features, which is not always when other people use make up but when you feel it's needed.

Right now I'm 27 and I still hardly use make up. First of all, I feel I don't need it. Also because whenever I do use make up, I often get too pale and need to compensate. As such I need to use so much make up I'm not comfortable with it. Also because I want to feel comfy and not feel the need of checking the mirror too often. So if I use make up it's usually only some mascara. These are the choices I make regarding the use of make up. What choices you make, is all up to you and should not be made to be part of a group.

And what I think about other girls? I think too many girls start way too young with make up.

What Guys Said 11

• age -120

Make up is WAY over rated.

• Never. If you have to wear makeup then you're not being honest in how you present yourself. If you need makeup to make yourself feel comfortable, well you need to do some real work on yourself. Meditation is the best makeup, no foundation will ever bring you the self love that meditation does. Also, eating better will fix most of the problems you're trying to cover up using makeup. Trust me, no guy wants a girl that has to put on makeup to feel confident, we want it to come from within.

• I would say 15/16 is soon enough to start wearing make up or choosing whether to wear it.

• I would say age 14 and older is good age to start wearing make up for girls

• 50-60 in my opinion,
    Do things when you need them.

• Never. It's a silly trend

• Never!!! It's a silly habit to paint your face.. lol

• 15 is my opinion.

• my 4 years niece wears makeup sometimes lol

• I think i will start when im 25

• I think if you can't vote, or even drive, you shouldn't be wearing it

What Girls Said 31

• I started wearing makeup at 13 I think. Back then it was all about the blue eyeshadow and I kept bugging my mom to buy me some. When she finally did it was great! I had no idea how to apply it, and I know I looked silly. But I didn't care because I was finally wearing makeup!

I think the age depends on the person. Some girls want to wear it really young, whereas other girls wait.

My friend's daughter is already wanting to wear makeup and she is only 1 1\2 year's old. I think it's more of a curiosity about what mom is doing than actually wanting to wear make up.

I know when I was growing up, most girls around 12-13 started wearing makeup.

• There's no one right age for makeup. A lot depends on your family and what is the normal practice in your neighborhood or community. So the answer here is you really do need to check with your mom or dad.

But you can tell them that some girls start using a little bit of makeup in middle school. By high school, makeup is common.

Good luck.

• Usually women start wearing it at 15-16, even though it doesn't mean you have to wear it because everyone does it. For starters, avoid using too much of it, because the point of make up is to emphasise your natural features, not to hide your face. And keep in mind that cosmetics are full of chemicals, so if you see a product irritating your skin or worsening pimples, stop using it. The biggest mistake girls make is to use heavy foundation to cover pimples. Heavy foundation is meant for stage make up, not for wearing it every day. You need a light liquid foundation and some concealer for covering pimples. Another mistake is raccon eyes, because of wrongly applied black eyeliner in big quantities. Youtube tutorials help a lot, especially basic how-to guides

• I started wearing makeup when my mom agreed to let me use hers. I was 14. It's not about wearing makeup, it's about how you wear it. If it makes you look a lot older than you actually are, that's because you don't apply it on the right areas of your face. Makeup should enhance your facial traits, not change them.

• Wear make up when you want to. It's actually a big decision in a way, because a lot of times once you wear it a few times regularly, you start to feel uncomfortable, unnattractive, etc, without make up when in public. Which is not a big deal at all, if you're ok with that.
    Plus once you have it on, you can't really touch your face, especially if you have eye makeup, or lipstick. And when you have it on all day it can easily get smudged.
    I think 14 and up, and make sure you start out slow until you know what you're doing.
    That being said, you don't need to wear it once you hit 14. I don't, and I'm 17 and it's not a big deal.

• I started wearing a little make up around 15 but nothing like full faced make up. Usually just some foundation and mascara or eyeliner. I don't think there's a right age.

• I think girls shouldn't wear make up until highschool and at 13,14 make up should be very minimum like mascara and lip stick. At 16 I would be ok with to add eye shadow and blush.

• First of all, there is no 'should'. Make-up is not compulsory. It doesn't matter if all the other girls wear make-up, in fact its a lot better for your skin to not wear it! Also there are many guys out there, if thats something which would affect you, who actually prefer girls who are natural, so dont feel pressured into wearing any to impress anyone. Personally, I rarely wear it unless I'm going to a party, and this is great because when I do have it on I feel like I'm putting an effort in for a special occasion, without having to put more make-up on top of what I would normally wear :)

• I started trying on some mascara when I was 17.
    But I gave up and picked it up again at 19. It was too much fuss for me in high school.

• for me it was at the age of 16 but till now i don't wear heavy makeup

• It depends. If your skin is perfect you have nothing to worry about. I only use lip balm daily.
    P. S. It actually doesn't metter if your skin is perfect as long as you feel confident and feel good in your own body. What I ment to say - if you feel bad about your skin tone - go for it, make up will make you feel more confident. But if you hate something else about yourself - make up won't help.
    Enjoy the most beautiful version of you, girl!

• Depends if you count my mother putting a little bit on my face for a school party at 10.
    If not, I first started wearing make up properly around 14 and went through all the normal disasters.

• I think young girls should be allowed to wear lipgloss, chappie. When they are young teenagers just mild make-up.

• For daily wear, I started with lipgloss and mascara when I was 11, and graduated to the full extent of makeup at age 14. I think that is a good way to do it.

• Ehh 16 I think.

• The first time i did it i was 19, but not on a regular basis. I started to do it in a regular basis when i was 23.

• Start when you feel you need or want to. If your skin is already flawless, just start with the more basic things like mascara and eyeliner and then start add more as you get more experience if you want to.

• Around 15-16 I think.

• tbh, i think make up damages your skin and your better off natural

• Me well ─▒mm i started in 16 but i didn't brush my face :) I stayed close to naturalism.

• The first time I started wearing makeup was at the age of 12.

• Sorry, misread your post.
      To answer your question, a good time to start wearing makeup 16 years old and up.

• I'd say ask your parents what they think and then get a second opinion from your peers.

• I started from 14. And couldn`t stop any more=)

• Never. I don't wear makeup and never have. Without it my skin is very soft, and I have no acne.

• i think the teens is a good time, but only if you want to.

• I dabbled in makeup when I was younger, but I didn't start wearing makeup regularly until around 21. I'm 25 now. I'm comfortable without makeup, but I prefer to wear it daily.

But I went to an all girls school in high school and wasn't at all concerned about boys. I think that makes a difference for some people.

• Sometimes you don't need any make up. I put on mascara and lip balm when I was 16. I started getting some eyeliner going when I went out on dates, but not for every day wear. I'm 20 now, and wear minimal make-up.

Cleaning and moisturizing my skin is more important. I hope to keep a fresh face look for a long time.

• I think 15 is good age.

• Shouldn't wear makeup... be natural... according to me.. I never wear makeup...

• From about 15 I started wearing some mascara on special occasions, but it wasn't until I was 17 that I started with foundation and eyeliner too, but even now (I'm 18) I only wear make up on special occasions

• More from Girls
    1