Do I need to try harder?

Okay so I'm in college and I don't usually try to dress up on regular days. I wear yoga pants/leggings and a t shirt pretty much every day. Sometimes a nicer shirt, but for the most part I'm very casual. Is that a turn off? Am I at an age where I should be trying harder? Or is it not a big deal if I'm just going to class and sitting around studying most of the time?

Most Helpful Guy

• That's what half the girls at my college wore and the golf thing about it is that, for me, it's kind of cute. I don't mind if a girls outfit is "lazy".

I would say that is fine for most days, but if you want to attract guys, just mix in something different one or twice a week. And if you are going out to a bar or something, I would recommend a real outfit as well.

It's weird for me, because I think the hottest outfit ever is a tight tank, tight jeans, and boots. But I also like it when girls try creative outfits.

Most Helpful Girl

• No, it's fine. You're a student and that's what most students wear. I know there are some girls who go all out just for class (makeup and accessories and everything) but that's just who they are. It's what they like to do. It's not a 'must'. It's a 'want'. Don't force yourself to dress in a way that's not comfortable for you. Just be you. :)

What Guys Said 6

• Here is a suggestion: follow the style of Asian girls and wear not too tight, really conservative tops (as in you can't see your chest at all, no tank tops) and either really short shorts, knee length dresses, or jeans/long loose fitting pants (that aren't sweat pants). I think the Asian girls are so cute, and for the longest time I couldnt figure out why, but I seriously think it is because of the way they dress. Because here in America women always wear shirts that are tight and show a ton of cleavage or might show a lot of chest skin, and I really just dont think that is attractive, they reveal too much. The Asian girls cover up more and I for some reason think that is really hot because they aren't putting themselves out there for the world to see like American girls tend to do. I tested the dress theory by looking at girls who I found more attractive and all the girls I found were somewhat conservatively dressed. I know a lot of guys who HATE girls who leave nothing to the imagination, and they just dress like sl*ts, I say, if you think its too revealing, then it is. You are a person, not a sex toy, and you shouldn't have to show off your body to be hot. Just dress "up" but nicely and I guarantee you will see a noticeable improvement. If you are dressed in yoga pants like every other girl in the country then you won't stand out, but if you clearly look like you tried to dress up then you will be more noticeable. Just a suggestion, I am not a dress expert, but I think that women should dress better then casual, but not quite formal. So occasionally wear a dress, but never wear yoga pants (they just dont look good in my opinion), look for jeans, or loose fitting pants, and you will be truly a gem.

• I think the most important thing is to be yourself... never forget your smile (which is very much there on your profile pic :D ).
    If you feel well and show that to the guys, they won't look away because you're wearing casual clothes!
    And if they do looks away, they don't like you for the right reasons haha :-(

• Hahah heck yeah my smile is there! That was one of the best days!

• Yeah you look like having the party of the year 8) 8)
      Though a nice spontaneous smile is valuable - who would look away from a nice smile :D

• For me it's not a turn off. I am not into looks. I want to find a girl I can intellectually connect to

• The answer depends entirely on you. Do what you want and don't reget it.

• Being casual and relaxed is a fashion statement in itself - I am 46 and dress for comfort still.

• You had me at yoga pants.

What Girls Said 0