Do you think this is too fancy to wear to high school?

It's my birthday tomorrow and I really like how this dress fits me and I want to wear it with 3inch wedges but I don't know if I will look really out of place or too fancy

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/city-studios-juniors-lace-fit-and-flare-dress?ID=2294219&CategoryID=18109#fn=sp%3D1%26spc%3D49%26slotId%3D5%26kws%3Dcity%20studio%20dess

It's the one in plum :)

Updates:
Wedges will be something like this But NOT as tall g.nordstromimage.com/.../_7816068.jpg

0|0
7|10

Most Helpful Guy

• I think it looks fine? What are your schools rules on shoes? They don't have to be flat shoes? By the way i love that dress. You have good taste.

0|0
    0|0
    • Nope they don't have to be flat.
      Thanks lol I love this style of dresses.

• Show All
    • I'd just always rather wear skirts or dresses than jeans because they're more comfortable to me.

• Oh ok and thank you for MHA

Most Helpful Girl

• I'd wear it, in fact, I actually use to wear low healed wedges to college (year 11 and 12) not every day but I'd wear them some days with a more dressy outfit, everyone else might of been wearing flats and that but I didn't care. You do you and what makes you happy :) I like the dress and the shoes too btw! Happy birthday for tomorrow.

0|0
    0|0
    • I think the key is to not care what people think
      And thank you :))

• Very much so! I did care, but then it was as if I woke up and didn't anymore lol.

What Guys Said 9

• No, it looks nice. That's a perfect casual dress for high school, girls where those all the time where I'm from.

0|0
    0|0
  • That looks okay to me for school

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks great to me.

0|0
    0|0
  • Hopefully you were confident enough to wear it! How did it go?

0|0
    0|0
    • Yep I wore it! Got lots of compliments and had a good birthday :)

• Awesome! :)

I have a sorta similar question I'm curious to get your opinion about... if you don't mind will you send me a message through my profile page thing?

• As long as the school allows it if you want to wear it go for it.

0|0
    0|0
  • I think your school will be fine with it as long as it's not too revealing or anything.

0|0
    0|0
  • Looks fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • no it looks great to me, I don't think you'd look out of place

0|0
    0|0
  • you're 20 and still in high school?

0|0
    0|0

What Girls Said 6

• Put a cardigan and belt with it to dress it down.

0|0
    0|0
  • That dress is pretty. Wear whatever you want! Within dress code of course haha but I like it 😊

0|0
    0|0
  • looks too fancy for school in my honest opinion

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks pretty to me, happy birthday by the way! I wear 5in heels and skirts/dresses on an everyday basis though so i may be biased

0|0
    0|0
  • It looks fine.

0|0
    0|0
  • Of course not! It's beautiful and happy birthday!😊

0|0
    0|0