Girls, what are your tips for dressing legit warm this winter?

I'm a complete freeze baby when it comes to cold weather and would love some tips for how to dress legit warm (not like LA winter warm)! Like serious warm.

Most Helpful Girl

• I’m a snugly bugly as well; love the winter and winter fashions. My favourite way to keep extra warm and still stay looking good, are as follows.
    Thermal underwear, thick tights and socks, knee high boots , turtle neck sweater dress or thick sweater and skirt that comes down to my boots or just below, a long wool winter coat, hat, scarf and gloves.

Use layers, natural fibres preferably wool, avoid denim or leather (ok for boots) and any manmade fibres.

I always spend big on my winter coat and to me it’s worth every penny and is the most important part of my winter wardrobe I tend to stick to black and a classic cut and design, so it’s always in fashion and will last a good few years.

• Thanks! Those are wonderful suggestions! I love turtle neck sweater dresses too! What do you think of goose down parkas though? Like this one? Wool might not be warm enough!!

• North part of the usa, and its going to get coooolllddd. It's about 50 degrees (10C) and it's only September. I'm freezing already that's why I asked the question :)

• Oh ok, I have a friend who live just across the border in Canada and an Uncle who lived in Buffalo and both of them were always saying how cold it gets, so I sort of understand now why you are asking. Its still 18C here in the UK so I'm alright for a couple of months yet. But I shall still start my winter shopping soon :)

What Girls Said 2

• Me too!!! Wear layers, lots of layers. I like to wear tights underneath my jeans and knee high socks. I have a pea coat that goes past my knees and has a hood. You could wear leg warmers with boots, or sweater dresses if you want to be cute but wear extra thick leggings sometimes I pair them with tights.

• You are right! Layers are key! Tights underneath jeans are a genius idea! I think I'll do it today! What temperature would you start doing that?

• what helps me is to wear leggings under my pants!!

• This is a really popular idea thanks!!! I guess lots of people do it! What temperature would you start doing that?