What should I wear under my skirt?

The title says it all. So I have never worn skirts/dresses my whole life, and always worn pants/shorts. I'm pretty much a tomboy. Until recently a few days ago where I saw this really cute skirt. And I found out that I actually liked skirts when I tried it on. It was just so flowy and nice, and it looked pretty. And it's just perfect for when it's hot. And it's more or less a mini skirt. It covers me up but is above the knee. So what do I wear under it? Just my underwear and that's it? Or short shorts. I asked my best friend and she recommanded just the underwear, because according to her, it's either the skirt or the shorts. Not both. And she also stated that wearing shorts under skirts is for little girls. But that's besides the point. What do you recommand? And no pervy/sexual answers. I'm just wondering.

• Just the underwear/panties.
  • Short shorts.

Most Helpful Girl

• Whatever you're comfortable with is fine, but I agree with your friend. If your ass is covered the skirt is probably fine.

• One of the best answers, and simple and to the point. So just bikini styled panties under my skirt, it is.

What Guys Said 14

• 1. It's all upto you and how comfortable you are and what type of skirt you are wearing
    2. If it's something that is short and flare i. e. will tend to fly up with the wind or short enough to show when you bend too much etc and you aren't comfortable with flashing people then guess it should be some kind of aesthetic looking shorts
    3. If it's long enough then you can sure go ahead w/o a thought with panties
    4. Ofcourse the option of not wearing any also exists but like I said again in point 1, it all depends on your comfort levels and what exactly are you wearing :)
    5. I''m not polling :)

• I never imagined that as a 68 year old guy I would be answering a question telling a 26 year old woman what to wear under a skirt. lol. If you are dancing wildly or cheer leading, then short shorts would be correct. But for normal everyday wear, just underwear. Something that you would not be embarrassed by if somehow people got a good look under your skirt (wild wind, a fall, etc.)

• In most of the questions here about skirts and dresses - The consensus seems to be for shorts.

• Whatever you're comfortable with. Just panties is more feminine, but shorts or tights are a more tomboyish way of wearing skirts. Both are valid.

• Underwear unless its that time of the month and then shorts. You don't want a tampon string accidentally hanging out or a pad

• Thong is the way to go

• If it's long and flowing, just go with underwear... think of how many layers you will be wearing if you add shorts to that...

• Its all about what you're comfortable with. If you're uncomfortable wearing just underwear then wear the shorts.

• How about nothing ;)

• Underwear. But novelty marvel underwear.

• Depends on how long it is.

• a clean underwear would do

• How about a thong or g-string, or even better, nothing at all.

• It's in your own comfort/opinion, not ours. Also, did you hear a city in Alabama is banning miniskirts/short shorts as well as baggy pants

What Girls Said 16

• just underwear, to me shorts would look tacky.

• i tend to wear yoga hot pants they're a lot like cycling shorts but shorter and more streamlined i guess is how i'd describe them, they are super comfortable and add an extra level of modesty because you never know when the wind could blow/walking up stairs or anything really and who wants randoms to see you underwear, try the shorts an see if you feel comfortable

• when it comes to skirts i never wear shorts and i always wear underwear or panties and when i m in home wearing a skirt i dont wear panties this the truth and even my sister dont wear underwear when she wear skirts only in home so i also copy her and i feel it comfortable too

• Good advice on the panties part, but no thanks on the naked at home part, lol. I've just never been into being naked unless I'm taking a shower. At home I wear less clothes than in public that's for sure, but I still wear clothes. I usually just wear a bra, shirt, and panties. Bra because I need the support, shirt to just give a bonus coverage on the top, and panties to just cover my bottoms. My brother always used to walk around just in a shirt and boxers, so I'm sure I can do the same with panties, even though it shows a bit more skin. I still follow the no pants rule at home.

• and u wear bra even when ur in home and when ur sleeping?

• Sorry for my ultra late reply. And I usually wear one at home, and sometimes do to sleep, and sometimes don't.

• I fully agree with your friend about the shorts. You also mentioned that you want to wear it when it’s hot out. Panties underneath will feel much cooler than the shorts. If someone were to get a glimpse of your panties…oh well. It’s just a part of wearing a skirt.

• If you wear short shorts, then skirt is not necessary...

• i wear white short shorts under mine. i can't tell you how happy i was that i made that decision on the morning of my grandmas funeral because my dress blew up and i did not look like marilyn. mostly because my face was stuffed with food.

• leggings or tights would look the best :)

• I wear shorts under them but i mean you dont HAVE to

• panties are fine

• I usually wear boyleg underwear under skirts because they cover a bit more just in case.

• Panties or short leggings

• Any kind of underwear. Definitely not shorts.

• Just underwear is fine...

• It depends on the skirt-length. If it's very short then I'd recommend short shorts. If it's long then wear just underwear.

• I wear boy short panties or spandex.

• wear shorts.