Guys, thoughts on rib tattoos?

I am considering getting a rib tattoo in this type of style. I am not fully convinved if I want one yet. Just out of curiosity, is this sexy or trashy? What are your opinions on rib tattoos? And yes I know ultimately it is my decision and if I really want one I will get it no matter what, but I'm still in the decision process and I want to hear some people's opinions. Thanks!
Guys, thoughts on rib tattoos?

12

Most Helpful Guy

• I wouldn't do a phrase (or any text) in that position, because that part of your body is especially likely to change shape over time, distorting the original look in a really unflattering way. Few people survive to old age with the body shape they had at 22. :)

Rib tattoos are an odd choice to me because they're often (at least partially) covered by a person's arm. The one advantage (though it's shared by other locations) is that it can be completely and easily hidden when you need to dress professionally.

What Guys Said 11

• FYI, words are never, ever sexy. And the only thing trashy about that picture would be the visible undergarment look, which to each their own, but the tattoo has nothing to do with it.
    Okay I take it back, Latin is pretty sexy, but not because it is on the ribs. Perhaps, less so because it's on the ribs.

So my answer to you is, take into consideration what styles o clothes you most like to wear, and how does a partial tattoo poking out vibe with those various outfits. Most important, how does it look naked.
    Good luck.

• I think it's a sexy style and location. Just always think twice before getting tattoos.

• They are becoming more popular of late and I think they are very sexy.

• I think, done in the right font and with words that hold a special meaning to you, it would be a nice tattoo.

• I associate them with porn stars because that's about the only place where I saw them so far. Not sure how common it has become these days. I don't mind it but I don't find it all that attractive either.

• I don't think tattoos are sexy or trashy. I don't mind them to be honest.

• They're fine - not trashy at all. What's the quote you want though?

• its your skin you can put whatever you want on it

• Sexy as hell.

• yeah , i like it. its sexy

• All tattoos are trashy. Just decide if you're okay being perceived that way.