Men and make-up?

I have a friend and he suffers from acne scars from acne, and I caught him wearing foundation, he told me it was to cover some of his imperfections, I didn't know what to think of that.

But what's your opinion on men that wear foundation or bronzer, is it acceptable in society or a no go.

78

Most Helpful Girl

• You'd be surprised at how many male performers wear make up. Granted, that isn't "regular" every day life. I personally don't care either way, whatever they want to do. If they can blend it well and it makes them feel better covering up their imperfections, then more power to them.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think its fine. If thats what floats their boat then they can wear all the makeup they want. I think its especially normal if its to cover up scars and things. There is even a popular male Instagramer who wears full out make up. Lipstick, false eyelashes, everything.

Sponsored

What Girls Said 6

• Let him do what he wants. Just tell him to make sure he does it right. And to remember to have a good face wash regimen so the makeup doesn't cause more acne. :V

• I don't know about society but I wouldn't want my man to wear foundations or concealers... etc.

We are gonna go natural.

• I literally do not care. If it makes him feel better, great.

• Hmmm I wouldn't mind foundation TOO much but I think bronzer is taking it to the extreame

• celebrities wears makeup and girls are still obsessed with them. I don't see the difference once its not too much

• Women can wear it so men should be allowed too also.

What Guys Said 7

• It depends on which country you go to. In South Korea, guys wear makeup, look at all of the kPOP stars. Most of the news reporters and people on tv wear makeup.

• I am a whatever makes a person feel happier - If a guy feels better wearing makeup so be it, let him do it in peace.

• That's perfectly fine to me, since he's trying to make himself look and feel better.
    I was in a Drama Club for 4 years and every time male actors prepare to enter stage, we need to put make-up on. I had some foundation, eye shadow and a bit of lipstick (my lips look really dry and dull).

• It is no less acceptable, to me, than girls wearing foundation. Which is to say, I think that it is the wrong choice, pure skin looks better than a powder coating, no matter how well matched the tone

• I would never rock make up.

• I don't approve.

But, not like he cares what I think.

• No one can put make up like me now after the make up I AM ALWAYS SMILING SEE HAHAHAHHAHAHA