What does a girl really look for in a guy?

Like a random guy you never knew before. Try to pick one.

• Educated(money)
  • Sense of humor
  • Looks
  • Love
so, let me ask this...lets say your really hot right like a 8-10 and this guys is super ugly, not educated at all but got a sense of humor. will you still be attractive to him.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's a load of rubbish that people don't look at a persons looks, I mean there is gonna be a few people in the world that you can stand purely on their looks. Like you know how people say "I don't like that person, their eyes are too close together" etc. This is still pretty awkward though as looks are always important, but I'd say rather than anything, people look for a face they can tolerate the most rather than what they are "attracted" too - if that makes sense. Or a bit of both, because you could be attracted to someone, but they may still get on your nerves for no reason really and that would be down to the bodies mannerisms so in a way it is kinda looks again.

By this I don't quite mean the same as ugly vs beautiful because there is no such thing.Everyone has their own unique preference. and association with ugly/pretty/hot/sexy/cute etc.

I'd say, I'd look for two things first of all and that is if they have the same sense of humour and that I can put up with them - meaning look wise/smell wise/way they talk even etc. I don't mean this in a shallow way... because shallow people only find someone who everyone else considers hot as they are the official sheep of the world.

Then if I can put up with their presence in general, then you start to form your bond, whatever that may end up being.

• So people are basically saying that they look for love in a complete stranger that they have know clue who they are?

Would anyone seriously put up with someone who; I don't know smells really bad constantly because they kinda liked their personality that they are only just getting to know? Bare in mind the question is about someone you are just picking out from a crowd!

What Girls Said 36

• Women basically want it all. We can take a bit out of one area. For example we'll date a very average looking guy is he's really funny, smart or sweet. But if he was super ugly, unless we're super ugly too and can't do better, we most likely won't date him. If someone thinks they can do better they most likely won't settle for someone they feel is way below that. I know it sounds harsh, and I'm not saying it's fair, but it's life. Natural selection.

• I love that guys think that girls are only interested in how much money a guy has.

• Not all guys thos.

• I love guys who are fat and with no sense of humor AND they think girls don't like them because they are poor :D

• Sexyhandmade; I think your desire for a fat guy comes from the fact that all guys in latvia are so sickining skinny. Am I, right?

• Love takes time, it's not something that can be described as a personality trait or attribute like the other options. Of course, we want love above all else. But for first impressions and what will keep me interested in a guy is a sense of humor.

If I random guy came up and told me he loved me, I would probably run screaming the other way. You gotta earn that, baby!

• -has integrity, honesty and character

-has some father like traits

-caring

-doesn't lie about important stuff

-emotionally stable and even-tempered

-works hard

-has a good job at least if he's not educated

-is a good role model

-has similar interests

etc

these are a few traits I look for in a guy. I generally will talk to a guy if I'm interested in him and see if he has these things. and get to know him after a bit of time.

• Um, being educated and having money aren't the same thing.

If it's some random guy that I've never talked to, all I have to judge him on are looks. Once I start talking to him, his sense of humor is more important.

Love doesn't come until after you get to know someone though, so I don't know how someone could choose that for a random guy they never knew before.

• Well, out of your choices, I would have voted educated, because I want a guy that knows what's going on. And with intellect and education a man can channel and usually balance the other features. But you have (money) behind so I didn't choose it because I'm not concerned about money. I mean I don't a bum that's jobless with no intentions of taking care of himself, but if he's educated he shouldn't be that way. But the amount of money he makes doing whatever he does that makes him happy doesn't matter to me.

• i personally don't care much for a sense of humor. I have a rather different sense of humor from a lot of my friends. I get their jokes, but I don't think they're that funny, and most of the time they don't even get mine. and sometimes, frankly, I don't even get guys' jokes, especially when they get more dirty-minded. I can have a dirty mind but I don't tap into it that often, especially for humor purposes. I'd much prefer love. also education, because I respect people who use their intelligence and want to further themselves in life. looks matter I suppose for physical attraction.

but love, I think, is the number one.

plus, when people tell too many jokes, I feel like they'd feel hurt if I don't laugh along. I don't think I should pretend something is funny when it isn't just so someone likes me.

• I voted looks BECAUSE in the case of a seriously random stranger, what else am I gonna judge him based on?

But once I get to know a person, the importance of their looks diminishes.

• Girls just want to feel special. They want a guy that will make them feel safe and comfotable. I mean of course they want looks because you can't have a relationship without attraction but more often than not, girls will be more attracted to a guy with a good personality. They want someone to make them laugh and like I said before... Someone who makes them feel special.

• Before we meet, looks. After we meet, similar sense of humour.

• I have been told that am 8/9/ out of 10 even 10 out of 10.

That means I could pull any guy I really want... Not to sound cocky... But I always look

for a sweet guy good sense of humor, But at the same time he gotta be decent looking

in order for me to be attracted to him of course! Looks don't really mater to me that much.

i don't care about a lot of money either, as long as his not broke lol. That's pretty much it.

Hope you get my point.

p.s it would be gr8 if his Very sexuale, so he could keep up with me, ;)

• I picked educated but not because of money. I know lots of people with advanced degrees that are not making that much money. But I want my guy to be educated because I need someone to challenge me intellectually

• but I'm not gunna lie girls are usually attracted to well good looking guys depends on each girl's taste. but I don't believe any young guy is extremely ugly to a point no girl would want him. you just got to fix yourself a little bit make yourself more attractable if you don't got the best physical features. I don't know wear irrisistable colon, dress nice, look clean and fresh haha

but like you see on the poll results the sense of humor is a must because even if you

have the looks that may attract if you don't have the sense of humor the girls won't stick

around! so don't put yourself down so much for that... have confidence in yourself and its likely

shell see it also! -good luck

• Really? All you girls would rather laugh than fall in love? BS!

• I was pretty shocked too. Laughter, sex, and luxury are nothing compared to love.

• You have to know each other's personalities before you can fall in love.

• I fallen in love at once, and I've also had relationships that developed over time. I think love it still a good answer.

• All you need is loooove!

and money!

and trust

and...well the list goes on..

• most girls look for a guy who can make em laugh easily, without having to pretend you're funny just because you're cute! its not about looks, if you're looking for a serious relationship.. and being presentable enough for parents (or at least Pretending to be) is Always a huge plus(:

and being showered is a definite!

also, being a jerk for Fun (like when she knows your kidding) is entertaining =P

mostly though, its just a guy who will treat you her well andmake her feel nice that seals the deal!

• i would totally go for the humor guy. Its just way more fun and you have a really nice time then the awkward guy who is just saying "um...yea"

• The main thing I saw in my boyfriend was an upbeat, stable personality. He wasn't desperate for attention or constantly needing something from me. He's willing to take things slow and he looks after me. My number one favorite thing about him is that he tolerates my insane mood swings :P

• The guy has to have a sense of humor for me to be in love with him. I can't imagine being with someone who doesn't have a sense of humor. I'd be either bored or annoyed.

• Well, attraction is different for everyone and if he's ugly, it would depend on how much chemistry and attraction we have besides that for me to be attracted to him. I am just looking for a good with a good sense of humor who can love me.

• Sense of humor all the way if you don't have that you have nothing

• All you need is love, all you need is love,All you need is love, love, love is all you need. Enough said as told by the beatles :) lol..

• I love a guy who can make me laugh! It usually comes with a great personality. =]

• SOH Is always a plus :D

• I like faithiness

• All of them + attitude, faith, open minded & a gentleman!

• well personally I like my guys with tattoos and he has to be able to say no when I want something.

he has to be strong and HOT.

i want him to be book smart and street smart and to kno how to defend himself and me when its needed.

he definitely has to be able to make me laugh and he has to have some goals in his life.

he must support me and ill always support him in anything we do.

so I can say I want ALL OF THE ABOVE.

• Rofl!!! tattoos and book smart don't go together... Any real educated man knows what that sh*t does to your body.

• PROVE to me that you are 23 years of age, and you shall get a pound of gold.

• When I read your answer, I thought your ideal man would be a "taxi driver".

In all seriousness, you have some reasonable goals but they differ from my own goals.

• I look for a guy that excepts me for who I am and wont' try to change that. For me to look at a guy I would say his looks attract me first then it depends on how nice, mature he acts around a crowd, and what not!

• Good Looking, Confident, Flirty, Sarcastic

FUN

• if it was someone I was interested in...love

if it was just a guy friend...sense of humour

• More from Girls
    6

What Guys Said 9

• None of the above.

People are interested in all sorts of things, and of course we can't generalize about all women. But most of them want the same thing, and it's social status. Most girls want whichever guy is, in their opinions, most likely to maximize their status within their tribe.

"Smart, funny, handsome, rich, and sweet" are all things that girls say they want in a guy. For many women, these things are very important. But for most, these are unimportant details. What really matters is a guy's popularity.

Don't mistake me for a misogynist; most boys are equally predictable. They say they want "sexy, fun, loving, faithful," or whatever else. Really, what they want is whichever girl is desired by the most boys, because collecting her means that one "wins" and has "got game."

• Girls like looks and only looks when it comes to a guy.

• Why the dislikes on my answer it is true.

• If you think that simply of them you are.

• True? It's just a generalization, not to mention an insult.

• money

power

respect

key to life

• Looks first, then all the rest second.

• None of the options and yet all of them at the same time.

Throw in style (doesn't have to be 'fashionable', but having substance), a backbone (coupled with independence and a lack of neediness) and social status.

• For my personal opinion..

i think that girls might want a guy to be in Good Sense of Humor, Romantic, Funny...

of course rich & good looking is a plus...am I right?

jz my personal opinion.. >.<"

• E. All of the above. They're picky.

• Money followed by looks

• Heres the top three traits in order for the AVERAGE lady:

1) Confidence but not cocky-ness (Self-Worth)

2) Comedian Personality (Sense of humor + responsibility)

3) Comittment (Love / intimacy / devotion)

Heres the top three traits for the ALPHA FEMALE:

1) Comedian Personality (Sense of humor + responsibility)

2) Confidence but not cocky-ness (Self-Worth)

3) Communication (Expressing desires / Understanding / Compromising)

The trick to women is that they need to FEEL "engaged IN the conversation"- which means that instead of you ranting around boring her, that you need to establish rapport and express a little of yourself to get a little of her. Here's the catch, if you express to much of yourself you will bore her; too little information will make you seem like you are hiding. If you find the right level and feel the situation yourself- you can judge whether or not to proceed by a gut feeling, that's the same gut feeling that a lot of women use in determining potential suitors.

So here is a fool proof plan for you:

1) Establish if she is approachable

2) Take a breath and remember to maintain your composure

3) Approach her- make her forced to respond and become interested

- "Hi, what could the band improve on that you would like?" (Now your allowing her the ability to express herself and what would make her feel good- Double browny points)

4) Listen to what she has to say all the time, but only give her 2/3 of the spot light

- The other 1/3 will be you talking to maintain her interest

5) Make her want more time with you

- "there is another concert friday, would you like to join me?" (Make her feel what you are intending)

6) Leave ("It was a pleasure, I'll pick you up at 9pm")

7) Follow up (Be there at 8:55pm on Friday, clean shaven and not screeching your tires while pulling up.)

Woman appreciate a man, someone that has respect for themselves and maintains their composure; though, in my opinion there are extremes which are unattractive. You want to be funny but be responsible.

This all leads to why I chose "sense of humor" as the key role in maintaining / starting relationships with women.

- Education and looks, aren't grounds for developing love, instead mere emphatuation.

- Love to early in a relationship, and it will become false.

With a Sense of humor, you will maintain someone's attraction for you and make them feel the situation.

• I love how you separated the average female from the alpha female requirements. If I was to express it I wouldn't come up with a better detailed explanation, congrats.

• Thank you silent, I appreciate the feedback ^_^