Is this dress too short? Cause my boyfriend is upset because of it?

Ok well i'm pregnant and i bought a dress like this and i'm planning on wearing it when i go with my boyfriend to his best friend's house. My boyfriend said this is too short and you are not wearing it in front of my guy friends! He is really upset because of it and I really don't know why. Should i wear it or not?
p. s i'm not trying to look sexy or anything, i just love the dress.

• It's not that short wear it
  • It's too short don't wear it

Most Helpful Guy

Most Helpful Girl

• No it isn't short.

• Thanks

• like what others said, he shouldn't determine what you wear.
      boyfriend is only boyfriend

What Guys Said 9

• Wear what you want. (I can read that this is a popular response.)

However...

In choosing to wear this dress, you may influence your boyfriend to make some choices of his own.

He may:
    - choose to not see his friend
    - choose to see his friend but not bring you with him.
    - escalate his level of concern to include any public outing with you wearing that dress. (Just as you may decide what you wear, he can decide with whom he associates himself.)

It is within your rights to decide how to clothe yourself. BUT, choices have consequences.
    Make your choice, live with the result.

Just how badly do you want to wear that dress anyway?

• It'd be better if you posted a picture of your body in your dress because the dress may look the same but it would look different on you. Honestly if it is about the same revealing as that one I wouldn't see how it's a problem but if he's upset about it you might want to wear something else just to put him at ease for his friends.

• Why would you want to ware that around his best friends? I mean wether you think it's short or not some guys don't like to temp their friends. He can't control you or tell you what to ware but he might not bring you around his friends.

• I think it looks fine - Your boyfriend is being a bit prudish in my opinion.

• tell him to get over it.. you are pregnant so i am sure his friends are pretty unlikely to make a move which is basically what he seems to think, or perhaps he has low self belief issues

• if you have to keep pulling it down, then you need to get a longer dress.

• I think you will look wonderful in that dress

• It's short, but fine, and you're the one wearing it, not your boyfriend.

• Kind of. He shouldn't be telling you what to wear though. Kind of controlling, yes?

• He is a bit jealousy

• Go figure, another jealous guy, eh?

What Girls Said 14

• Looks fine to me. If you want to get snappy you can tell him he doesn't get to say until there's a ring on your finger.

• It's not that short and your boyfriend shouldn't determine what u wear

• Depends on your height.
    It looks cute, but weird to see a pregnant woman wearing something revealing - this is just my opinion. Subjective.

• He's overreacting, it is not that short, and honestly, he should be happy that you want to wear something like that, and if it makes you feel good, go for it.

• It's not too short, and your boyfriend has no right to think he can dictate what you wear anyway.

• I think it's cute! Wear it! You're allowed to look cute when you're pregnant, girl!

• How pregnant are you...

• i realized i clicked send before i wrote the rest of my answer...
      Your boyfriend has no say in what you wear so wear it. ^-^
      Congrats on your babyyyy

• It's not short but he might not like his friends checking you out and that's the reason why he freaked? I say wear the dress if it's what you want to wear, wear it. It's your body.

• It's kind of too short. A dress closer to the knees would be a more appropriate length.

• It doesn't look short.

• Your boyfriend is a bitch and sounds controlling af smh. Too bad you're pregnant by him

• I'd keep wearing it if I were you.

• If you love the dress then you should wear it. And if he thinks it's not appropriate for his friends it just sounds like he's insecure. Maybe you can wear a long sweater or kimono with it like in the picture if it really bothers him. He should be proud to have you if you look good in a short dress!

• its not too short.