Is it common in Europe for guys to shave their armpits?

I've heard that its somewhat common in Europe for guys to shave armpits. Is that true? Do girls like that? Let me know what you think.

Most Helpful Girl

• Honestly, I live in Europe and I've never heard of it being a thing.

Most Helpful Guy

What Girls Said 3

• I didn't think guys shaved their arm pits any where. Unless they were a professional swimmer.

Naw that would look weird on guys to not have the hair there.

• I can't make up my mind about it, lol.

I think when guys have a giant bush under each arm its gross but a little hair doesn't bother me.

• I live in Europe and I know some who shave and others who don't. It really depends on the person.

What Guys Said 7

• Yes. Its common for the newer generation in Germany since it looks unclean to us and we say "they dont look at their hygiene, and probably smell bad." which isn't nessesarily true, but yeah you sweat more with hair in the armpits. Surprise. The older generation still has enough guys who dont do it tho and then the younger guys say "because they're old, they dont have to" .. doesn't have to make sense! Just shave if you're here and people won't look at you like a weirdo when they see it.

• Only people I know that do it are my friends who take part in certain sports.

• I just know that many guys partially shave their armpits so deodorant would work better.

• I shave my arm pits, never been to Europe tho

• Never talk about that with guys and don;t go to the beach so don't see it and so I have no idea if this is correct

• No, I wouldn't say that it's common

• Seen some of my friends doing it. I never did it myself since it just didn't seem right to me. I also doubt girls would like a shaved armpit on a guy for the same reason.