Wearing Eye Glasses as a fashion accessory? Weird or not?

I mean isn't that the same as using a wheelchair even though you can walk. 😕

• It's weird
  • It's not weird

Most Helpful Guy

• Its so fucking weird!
    Unless you need glasses to see you should not be wearing glasses for decoration.

Most Helpful Girl

• On a normal basis, I think it is weird. There are people who have trouble seeing and truly need glasses. It's strange to see people just wear them to look "cool" at that point. However, if it is for a costume, I do not see the issue.

What Guys Said 17

• I find it ridiculous and stupid, if you don't actually need glasses to see, then don't wear them.

• I just think it's dumb. I would kill to not have to wear glasses/contacts, so I cannot fathom why anyone would unnecessarily subject themselves to that.

• Wearing eye glasses can be a fashion accessory. But to me, the same as a wheelchair, it is there for mainly a single purpose - whether it's to help someone see better or someone to move from one spot to the next. I find it EXTREMELY hilarious when people see things like eye glasses or hearing aids as fashion accessories, and only or mainly as fashion accessories. Did people forget the reason why these things were invented? LOL

• I yet to see someone wear hearing aids as accessories, but I completely agree here.

• Weird, no, impractical, yes. If you don't need real glasses, then save your money/energy to making a nice omelette, for example.

• Yeah i agree wearing glasses to make one look good is not so good, there are people like myself who can't see small print but i do wear glasses for reading and to see small print but my vision is pretty good but yeah gotta agree why people do it makes me wonder i think it's for attention.

• Never struck me as weird because it does give some girls a different look that a lot of guys find attractive.

• It's not weird, but not something I would do. I am actually looking to do the reverse - getting contact lenses so I don't have to wear glasses.

• It pisses me off tbh. Like I hate weraing glasses and women and some men think its a cute accessory. It's fucking bullshit. It's like people dressing up as someone theyre not to try to be cool. It's lame and disrespectful.

• Eyeglasses only help if your face is so ugly that distracting people from your face with glass and plastic frames makes them think you're more attractive.

• hmm I don't know, maybe it's a little bit weird but I've seen people who look so much better with glasses (here on GAG too). If someone wants to wear them only as fashion accessory, sure why not :)

• Yeah, it's REALLY weird. I prefer NO glasses.

• Glasses are hot. I dig it

• I don't think it's weird, just don't see the point. But, then, I don't get a lot of things like that so...

The argument about using a wheelchair even though you can walk is a slippery slope fallacy. Hehe, *Nerd Alert*

• I'd say it's more of a weak analogy. It's not a slippery slope at all actually.

Comparing like and like (glasses compared to wheelchair)
      But that is a weak comparison (glasses are not anything like wheelchairs)

Slippery slope would imply that one thing leads to another.

Unless your implying that since people wear glasses as a fashion accessory, people will start using wheelchairs as a fashion accessory. That could be a slippery slop to follow.

So now I think I sufficiently out nerded you.

• I have to wear glasses to see, and I wear contacts so I don't have to wear glasses. I do get it, but I think it's "weird" and chances are you would feel differently if you did not have a choice in the matter.

• I mean it's weird if the girl doesn't need glasses. If you need glasses to see properly you might as well wear fashionable ones. But a pretty girl looks better with no glasses or if you're going to wear glasses wear SUNglasses, those can be pretty hot.

• It's weird. I suppose there is a "look" that glasses gives but if I found out you don't actually need them for anything then I think you'll probably just look retarded.

• It makes you a walking joke.

What Girls Said 26

• well if u wanna, go for it lol. no one will be able to tell unless u dont have lenses haha. i get asked all the time if mine r 'real glasses'

• Well, some think its a great fashion accessory for them. Some look good with glasses, some don't. I have some students, that their mum would style them with glasses that doesn't have lens as it looks fashionable according to the mums, which I find it quite annoying because it keeps disturbing the class by dropping frequently. -.-

I personally don't fancy wearing glasses so I mostly wear lens unless I'm on the plane, at home or in school..

• It's stupid.

• It's sorta weird when they're just wearing frames. Like, that just rubs me the wrong way for some reason.

But what's really dumb are those girls that be like, "they make me look smart" but you know they're not because they wear fake glasses to look smart. o_o;; Whut. Why would you even admit that out loud.
    *This is a true story and I've heard this many times in college, actually. IN COLLEGE. Like, shit, stop trying to "look" smart and go to class to Get Smart, you know. o_o;;

• To me it's weird since I have to wear glasses other wise I can't see well at all. Like i'm so blind things become invisible. Glasses can be really annoying and get in the way a lot. So I wouldn't understand why others would want to deal with that when they don't have to.

• tbh am indiffrerent to it since a lot of people do it

• I find it a little weird
    It would be different if the person was an actor or actress and doing it as a character on a show but glasses can create bruises on the face like coloration under the eyes and nose from wearing them too much so I don't see the appeal. I can understand colored contacts as an accessory but I kind of feel like some people wear glasses to follow some type of geek chic trend to try to fit In

• Definitely would not put it in league with using a wheelchair when you don't need one, but it is weird.

• I dont think its weird. I have real glasses and once i get contacts i dont think i would ever wear glasses as an accessory because im personally sick of them. but i can see why some people like them.
    i know people who wish to have braces just because they find them cute. i even know one person who said they wanted to break their arm because they wanted a cast o. o

• i meant to vote its weird in the poll but whatever. as someone who needs glasses, its weird. I kinda feel i am being mocked for having a visual impairment.

• It's silly. I have to wear glasses which makes it harder for me to understand why anyone would do it through choice.

• If you wanna do it, then go for it. It's the first time I know something, I never knew that there are people who use glasses just as a fashion accessory. This makes me wonder, how many people use glasses only for decoration because for the past five years I noticed those geek style glasses trending massively. If a good amount of people wear glasses, only for fashion purpose then I wouldn't necessarily call it weird.

• Lol, nah. I do it. IDGAF what other people think about it. I like it so whatever.

• I think it's lame, some don't even have glass in. I just want to poke them in the eye!

• If its fake nerd glasses then yea but real glasses I don't know man

• It's weird if you don't need them.

• It's not weird. It can even be handy. My boyfriend wears one to block flies from flying into his eyes while biking at dusk.

• I think it's weird because if you think about it they were originally for vision correction

• I never understood the trend. I've worn glasses since I was 5. And I can't tell you how many people have asked me where I got my glasses from, and when I say from my eye doctor, they then ask if they're real. Like yes! Some of us actually still wear glasses to see with!

• I am blind so I am forced to wear glasses. :) Contacts are just too complicated lol

• Not weird to me but not cute either.

• Well it's unnecessary.

• Nah, why? It is just glassed. Had som friends do it.

• If I didn't have to wear these things they wouldn't touch my face and that's a shitty analogy by the way.

• It's Korean.

• I don't consider it weird. People do all sorts of strange stuff in order to look stylish.