Is there a reason why loads of girls are cutting the hair short? I don't mind but is there a reason?

Recently loads of girls I know have cut their hair from long to short. My girlfriend, my sister, my girlfriends best friend, a work friend and my cousin have all cut their hair short recently. To be fair it does look nice on all of them like they look good but I was wondering if there is a reason for all these girls doing this. They have all got a haircut like this.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think they believe it makes them look intelligent and men are more likely to stare at their face and not their body when their hair is short.

Most Helpful Guy

• I have noticed that too just a fashion trend I think - I like short hair so I don't mind.

What Girls Said 6

• Because it looks adorable <3 I'm not sure, maybe just that women are getting into dressing and looking how they want now and it goes against an expectation for them to have long hair? Or it's just easier practically, it takes less care :P

• My guess is it's lower maintenance. Less shampoo and conditioner, less time combing and styling, less hair in the face on a windy day, etc.

• Maybe beacuse it's eaiser to take care of. I am planing to cut my hair short after I graduate so I can donate it.

• I think it's just a fashion trend, but maybe there are other reasons :)

• It's 'in' now. It's also easier to maintain.

• Not every girl looks good in that haircut either

What Guys Said 1

• I don't know y they do it but I don't like it, I prefer a girl to have long hair. Not as cute brushing her hair back to look at her face if it's short harder to make her feel special in that way