Are girls as competitive as guys are?

are girls as competitive as guys are? I mean guys fight over everything really trying to prove their the best do girls compete as well if so on what?

Most Helpful Girl

• Of course we are competitive. We are not docile and unambitious creatures, as the stereotype goes. We are VERY naturally competitive but much more subtle about showing it. The most obvious thing we compete against is beauty. Girls always check out girls, not because they are gay (granted sometimes this is the case) but so they can suss the girl out and decide whether she looks better or not. Truth is, with the exceptions of our very close friends and people we like, we are always secretly happy to see strangers or girls we dislike looking worse than us. It's an automatic response, but of course if one has morals they learn to ignore these feelings. I know I can control these feelings because I will always tell a girl if there is something amiss or embarrassing about her outfit (tag hanging out for example) but a lot of girls are content to watch each other look embarrassing. This explains why you hear so many girls calling other stranger girls 'sluts' simply based on their appearance, they are trying to bring down their rivals.

- Boys are another matter that cause rivalry and competition. The cat-fights, the verbal attacks the friendship fall-outs are most usually due to situations involving guys. Girls want the best attention from guys, and from the 'best' guys too. No offence but guys are really naive if they don't agree that girls compete for the hotter looking guys. We rate guys. We rate our best-friends' guy. As happy as we are for them we secretly hope that we get a boyfriend that is hotter than theirs, or at least as hot as theirs. We never wish to get a boyfriend who is uglier than theirs. Sorry, it's the truth. It's the same way with you guys I'm sure :)

- We also do compete for intelligence, at least measurable intelligence like A-grades, academic prizes etc. It's not so obvious here because my culture is more concerned with sex appeal, but within the Asian countries aggressive rivalry ensues between girls and even the girls' parents.

What Girls Said 4

• yes! that's why you see so many girls hating each other. girls fight over stupid things but at the time are huge things! ha we are just set in our ways. if one girl thinks differently and we don't like her then fights/arguments occur!

• Well, no one likes to lose lol

I'm a pretty competitive person. Not necessarily with other girls, just in general.

• yea chicks are.. mostly over guys and looks and stupid stuff llike that lolz

• I think girls are competetive, buts its only up until a certain age up until we learn to accept the way things are and I think that guys just stay competetive always. I don't know though I've never really gotten TOO competetive, I guess it just honestly comes down to the person, some girls are probably more competetive than guys. Also girls probably let their claws out and ho to extremes sometimes ;)

What Guys Said 0