Girls, How many of you don't like wearing make up?/How often do you wear makeup?

I don't like wearing makeup most of the time and always get told I should wear makeup. By my mom, my friends, my friends parents, classmates etc. Now since I'm 18, people tell me that more often. "You need to look like a lady" "You need to look your age" "Every girl wears makeup" and many other things. How often do you wear makeup? (Poll)

• Never
    11% (5)
  • Rarerly
    30% (14)
  • Sometimes
    26% (12)
  • Often
    15% (7)
  • Always
    13% (6)
  • Other (explain)
    5% (2)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

28

Most Helpful Girl

• i wear makeup sometimes. i do like getting all dolled up when i go on dates or go to events and stuff. it makes me look a little bit older, and i look nice. its also fun haha.
    i used to wear just mascara, but since then i've had the opportunity to try out new products and i wear eyeliner and lipstick sometimes now! and i've tried out a light coverage foundation/moisturizer.
    it's not something i feel like i'd need to do everyday, but i do it on occasion. sometimes if i go on a date with my boyfriend, or for christmas/holidays or family events i'll wear a little makeup!

What Girls Said 27

• Honestly, don't listen to the people who keep bugging you about that. I don't like wearing makeup because I just don't like having stuff on my face all day, I find it annoying. I do wear it for special occasions, but other than that, never, and I am also 18. For the people who keep telling you to wear makeup, they should stop telling you what to do. They may not realize that them saying that, could be hurting your feelings, and i think its awesome you don't wear makeup. Do what YOU feel better doing, and If you feel more better not wearing makeup, then don't wear it. Simple as that :)

• I only wear make-up occasionally, when there is a certain event that requires it or when I’m going out and feel like putting it on, but it’s definitely something I don’t do on a daily basis. But although I only do it once in a while, I really like putting on make-up, I just like the process and I like that in the end, my efforts are repaid and I was able to hide that pimple or make my eyes pop or make some interesting shade of eye shadow. I feel like an artist and the canvas is my face, so for me it’s definitely a fun thing to do. Overall I don’t think make up should be a daily thing, but it’s definitely a useful thing to learn.

• I voted C. Make-up is fun but it's SO time consuming to apply it correctly and take it off. So I only wear it sometimes. Here's a trick: have great flowy, voluminous hair and a big smile then no one will even notice or give a f*ck if you have on make-up. :)

• I'm personally not a fan. It's expensive and I'm not very good at it so it's time consuming. Plus, you have NO idea what's going on your face. Europe has banned over 1000 ingredients from makeup. The US has banned 8.

So tons of respect for all the awesome people who do it but I'm not into it.

• I don't really do the full face make-up look. I prefer just some natural eye shadow (likes peaches, browns, golds if it's somewhere nice), eyeliner, mascara and lipstick. I don't wear that when I'm at the house, which is most days. I only go out a few times a week, so that's when I wear some make-up.

I think you should do whatever makes you comfortable. Don't try to do something because most or others do it. If it's not for you, that's okay. :)

• Rarely ever wear make up it is too time consuming and I don't have the skills to really make any change to my face. When I do put on make up, which is only on special occasions like family get togethers on the holidays, I use foundation, mascara, eyeliner, and lipstain or lip gloss.

• To be honest, I don't like wearing make up because it's just a wast of time putting on especially if you wasn't expecting to cry and you just put on make up for no reason then, plus I'll be too lazy to do that everyday. I would only wear make up on special occasions. Other then that, I'm a natural girl.

• I don't wear it because I don't see the need to but I have nothing against it

• I don't like foundations, primer, any face makeup.
    It makes me feel insecure.

However, I really love exotic eye makeups
    And a tinted balm/chapstic!

• I wear a little everyday except for weekends & the lazy days. I think makeup is your own choice, you shouldn't listen to them. Lots of people like natural girls, you don't have to wear makeup to prove someting, or be a "lady". You should do whatever makes YOU feel comfortable. It's your face, no one else's💁

• Usually whens their is any event

• i find it can be really irritating and dry my eyes out. i do like to wear some occasionally, to enhance my already fabulous self if i feel in the mood and have the time to do it.

• I really don't wear makeup all the time because I think I don't need it😅 so i just wear it if I'm going to a weeding or something really important 😂

• I'm a fan of make-up, but I don't wear it a lot because I like to take care of my skin.

• i am trying to wear it more often but i usually don't.. i just wear uv base

• i always use makeup! when i go out, when i am lazy in indoors then i am all natural lol!!

• Never worn it

• I wear it almost everyday but I hate wearing it.

• I feel ya.

• I only wear makeup if im going out somewhere and it depends on where im going to how much makeup i choose to apply, i dont really like wearing it but im more comfortable when I've got it on

• I don't have the energy.

• On special occasions i wear mascara and lip chap... that's about it. Normally i wear none

• Just lipstick and eye shadow and pencil

• Girl, don't wear makeup if you don't want to. I have skin problems and I only wear makeup sometimes when I'm in the mood. Mostly, though, I just go natural. If people can't accept who you are, it's their problem, not yours. You just do whatever you feel comfortable with.

• Oh and by the way, I live in Belgium and only rarely do you see girls or women wearing makeup during the day. Maybe some at night, but not much.

• I don't like it but its not what I like its what I need

• I usually apply eye-pencil or eyeliner and mascara. But nothing else.

• I only wear makeup for things like weddings or occasionally a job interview. I just don't like the way it feels on my skin.