Girls, do you like it if a guy wears a pink shirt?

Usually I wear dark, white, blue, or red colors, but I'm thinking about wearing a light-shaded pink shirt some day this week. I am a straight guy. My skin is tanned, and I do have very dark hair, so I was told that light pink works best for me. Girls, what do you think about men that wear pink shirts every once and awhile? Also, which shirt in light pink do you prefer more: a long-sleeve dress shirt with black pants, or a polo shirt with jeans?

24

Most Helpful Girl

• My boyfriend has a bright pink shirt that is incredibly soft. He knows I like it so he wears it just about every time we're together. He also has a light pink polo that I've only seen him wear once but he looks very nice in it. He says he has another one but I've never seen it. Anyway, wearing pink doesn't have any impact on my opinion of a guy. It doesn't make me assume he isn't straight or anything like that. I don't even think twice about it.

To answer your other question, I'd say jeans. The shirt really doesn't matter as long as it isn't obnoxious. It'll just look better with jeans (depending on the situation, at least).

What Girls Said 23

• I don't know about others, but mostly, I'm flattered if a guy wears pink.
    Especially on a date, or anything in for romance.
    Not only does pink stand for cancer, but it also shows that there isn't any colors that are only specified for each gender.
    We all have a favored color, and mine is blue :D
    So basically any color is fine.
    Just wear what fits with your personality.
    Once in a while, like every week?
    Or once in a while, like every month?
    It depends on the design.
    It shouldn't be the same shirt repetitively.
    I know a lot of friends who are very picky about repetitive outfits.
    And I prefer the polo with jeans.
    Sounds more casual.
    Hope this helped :D

• I used to have a history teacher in high school who would wear pink and purple shirts. They looked really nice on him, and they went well with his complexion. He was fair, but had dark hair. I think the pink shirt would look nice on you. As long as you like it, that's what matters. Any guys giving you crap about it are just jealous they don't have the courage to rock a pink shirt :)

• I know they say real men wear pink, but I personally dont like seeing that color on a guy. Red is the next best thing lol

• I don't care.

I like blues on my boyfriend.

But whatever makes the guy happy, would make me happy.

• It would look fine

• i think its fine... pink is just a color after all

• Yes... It's sexy and clean looking.

• Judging by your photo I would say yes it would work great.

• My favorite color is pink ! I love it when guys wear pink lol obviously not 23/7 but once in a while yessss

• I don't see anything wrong with wearing light pink every once in a while. In fact, in our not so distant past it was seen as a manly color, and blue was feminine. Somehow, that switched. I don't think the color matters nearly as much as the style.

• Nope. I prefer guys who wears neutral color clothes cause thats how i prefer for myself too. Im not a big fan of colors apart from the neutrals

• Pink or purple is good. Especially eith ur skin color and jeans.

• It's better than brown or maroon.

• I learned in 10th grade that back in the Victorian days pink was a man's color! not meant for women. So that being said genders shouldn't be color specific you know? a guy can look good in pink/purple/mint etc. :)

• Really light/pastel pink looks good on some guys.

• I'm indifferent to it. It is just a color, and if it suits well with your style, and goes well with your skin tone, go ahead (actually, the only colors I would mind a boy using would be puke-green or neon colors. But just because it hurts my eyes):D

• I'm indifferent to it. It's the same as a guy wearing blue. Ignore the stereotypes that go with it

• It's fine but I prefer hot pink or dark pink on guys.

• Yeah it's fine. What matters more is the guy inside of the shirt.

• Personally, I hate pink after I overdosed on it in junior high.

• Typically speaking, I don't like it that much but whatever.

• I think it will look nice, I guess you have to suit pink to wear that colour, my boyfriend would never wear pink or purple, he is a killjoy lol.

• Weat that pink shirt! I'd be perfectly fine of my boyfriend wore a pink shirt every now and then. It shows me that he's confident in his masculinity. So wear that pink shirt confidently!