Do you believe "dressing slutty" is a thing?

• You can't dress like a slut. According to the definition of slut, its not possible.
  • It is definitely possible to dress like a slut.
  • other
If you answered yes
Do you think a girl dressing slutty actually makes her a slut?

Most Helpful Girl

• Being and acting slutty is a thing. Dressing slutty is not a thing, but dressing like you don't have any God damn sense is most definitely a thing.

What Girls Said 10

• Well not really i mean some celbrities show wy more skin and dont get labled slutty
    media2.popsugar-assets.com/.../...es-Film-Fest.jpg

• Honestly I see nothing wrong with the human body being showed unless its very sexual around people who aren't okay with it. If you're happy with your clothes and not bothering others then go ahead! (Slut means sleeping with multiple partners, not dressing in a certain way.)

• People can dress trashy, I mean I'm all for not stepping on toes. But people CAN put themselves out there in the wrong way to a large portion of society. That being said, how they dress may be ok to their friends/social group. Think, really cheap club outfits or the pictures the guy listed below.

• No. By definition, a slut is someone who has sexual relations with numerous people. A "slut" could also dress very conservatively, so it's impossible to tell if someone is one by the way they dress.

However, there is such a thing as dressing proactively, which just means choosing to wear considerably revealing clothes. Still, a slut doesn't have to dress provocatively and someone who prefers to show a lot of skin may not be a slut.

• I thought it was possible until I read your choices and rethought it. Someone can dress conservatively and still be promiscuous. But dressing in a revealing way makes them more open to invitation, which is their main goal. I can't blame people for equating the two.

• I mean if you really tried like really super hard to dress like one then yes. But I don't know its weird.

• We should just stop the "slut-shaming"

• short skirt and legging.

• @kiler1000 well not calling girls sluts isn't the same as calling rapists victims. A girl having wed isn't wrong and doesn't need to be excused. I don't understand people issue so r need to pass judgement tbh haha

• sometimes, you have to, in order to get people to stop and think.

• i don't think it can describe clothes

• Vote B = For certain men, it totally is.

• I don't like using the word "slut". There is such thing as dressing provocatively though.

What Guys Said 10

• Lori Pleasure is an adult film star. Her schtick is to make public appearances wearing as little as possible. The clothing she wears is commonly refered to as "slutwear". She has worn enough variety to practically define the term.

It is not the case that the clothing makes her a slut. Instead, she is a self proclaimed slut, and she uses clothing to advertise this fact.

Given the agreement between her intentions and actions, I would have to agree that "dressing slutty" is a thing.

Some "tame" examples:
    24.media.tumblr.com/...8k2iyTQDX1qj1azvo1_1280.jpg
    http://x2.fap.to/images/full/48/958/958082165.jpg
    24.media.tumblr.com/...e66alsfvi1r63hg3o1_1280.jpg
    41.media.tumblr.com/.../...txqPTW1qdcj9lo1_540.jpg

• Oh my god, her breasts, wow...

• @vishna

Remember, these are the "tame" pictures. More provocative pictures are available online. A quick Google search will confirm what I'm saying.

I find its useful in these discussions to put up some photos so that we may have a common understanding of terms.

• Yeah, I definitely see the validity to adding pictures with a question like this.

• Technically a slut is a woman that sleeps with lots of random men; that's the definition.
    The clothes don't make a woman a slut, it's her behavior. The other day girl I was with a girl that dressed pretty conservative, but has been with many men and she told me about stuff she had done.
    So no, you "can't" dress like a slut. You can dress like a whore, cause there's a certain type of "uniform" that prostitutes wear to gain attention. Dressing like that doesn't mean you're a whore, but you're still dressing like one.
    I can be dressed as a cop, that doesn't mean I'm a cop, but I'm still dressing like one.

• Voted A. I have always believed that a woman's choice in clothing has nothing to do with her being an actual slut or otherwise.

• Yes it's possible to dress like a slut. It bassically just means she dresses in really revealing/provocative clothing.

If a girl wears slutty clothing, does that mean she actually sleeps around?

Honestly, I do think it's a good indicator. Although I'm sure there are also plenty of girls who dress modestly who also sleep around.

• No, and I don't think there's anything wrong with being a "slut" either as long as you're not ruining relationships for example by cheating or anything like that.

• I think it is more a personality thing ( Being slutty/not slutty ) - A lot depends on how the girl wears the clothes rather than the clothes themselves.

• Well you can't entierly judge a person's personality based on clothing, take for instance the painting "Saint Mary of Egypt Among Sinners."

• That friend bahahahaa was it a carrot? HAHAHAA :") @soccerchick4eva

• Obviously dressing slutty doesn't make you a slut. I'm not even comfortable using that word.

• "Slut" is just a made-up word. I would say there is such a thing as dressing provocatively.