What's your opinion on plastic surgery?

I'm considering a getting a nose job, and maybe even breast augmentation. I'm just afraid I'll become addicted. I have OCD, so maybe I'll become compulsive about the matter.

Most Helpful Guy

• I think that plastic surgery is fine if you are getting it because you really want to change the way you look. Its the same as with other body modifications like piercings and tattoos. If you are getting a tattoo just because its the cool thing to do then that's wrong. Similarly, getting breast augmentation simply because society likes bigger breasts is not a good idea. You should think about your body and if you feel that this change will reflect yourself better then your body now. If you will enjoy yourself better after the surgery that that is what really matters.

What Guys Said 2

• I think it should be a last resort, such as acid attacks or other similar accidents or assaults. I think for the most part, people should be happy with what they have.

• I only think it's cool, you're having it done to fix some type of deformity.

What Girls Said 2

• I don't oppose plastic surgery - but it's not for me.

The only person who can say whether it is right or not for you is yourself. Remember to take everything into consideration; finances and the future implication, recovery time, the stats of your surgeon (we've all heard the horror stories - so be careful when deciding)... and how all of this will effect your life - is it really worth the risk of all these queries?

Depending on your 'type' and extent of your OCD, achieving perfection could be a problem - clearly you've already found two things you want to change about yourself - if this does become a strive for perfection - who knows when it will end?

Again - this is something only you can truly asses as to how much it will effect you - and whether or not you are able to control it.

But it wouldn't hurt to seek some medical/psychological advice about this.

• Just like you I'm seriously considering rhinoplasty. It depends on what they have done and the reason for having it done. It can also depends on whether it is for cosmetic reasons or for medical ones. I could sit here and say " Just be happy with who you are" but I want stuff done so I can't be a hypocrite. If you think it would make you happy then do it. But before you have it done , please have a good long think about it. Its life changing and there could be serious medical complications.