What is your opinion of people going out in the Pajamas to the store or to run errands?

I see it often here that some people go out in their pajamas to run errands or go to the store. I personally find it distasteful. I mean pajamas can be cute, but leave them for home. The employment office was telling us that some people went to interviews, job fairs wearing pajamas and they aren't taken seriously. If you were an employer offering them a job would you? I wouldn't,. What do you think of wearing them to the store or to run errands?

Most Helpful Girl

• Personally I don't see how it's so hard to put some clothes on, it takes what, a minute, we have a word for people who do that here and it's called "bogan" it's not been uncommon either that they go to job interviews in their pajama pants and ugg boots. it's just gross.
    For me I take pride in how I look and I don't want to come of as a slob, if you want comfort then buy clothes that are comfy, not just pajamas are.

• thats true, I thought Bogan was the Aussie term for what we call redneck

• People here favor foreign cars anymore like Honda, kia, toyota etc...

• I think Toyota is okay, there's a few people here that favour the Japanese imports, my friend actually ha her car with Japanese writing still on it lol

What Girls Said 28

• I don't see what the problem is. I used to judge people for this, but from now being a bit older and wiser I don't see what harm it does. If people want to wear pj's out and about, that's their prerogative.

I don't do it personally, but I can certainly understand why some do. Sometimes they have kids and they literally have to run a quick errand and are coming back to their home. Perhaps they had a neighbour agree to watch the kids for them to just run to the store to grab milk or something.

Maybe the person is poor and has no other clothes. There are so many reasons.

I've heard of people going to job interviews in pj's too. I definitely think that's ridiculous, but some people do it because they are trying to not get a job so they can stay on assistance. So that might be why they are doing it. Other people, seriously just have no clue how bad it is (which is sad).

If I was an employer and someone showed up in pj's, I would probably not hire them. But I would most likely wonder why they showed up in pj's.

• Obviously not to a job interview but just to run to the store is fine, I guess. I don't personally do it but we have a little corner store on our street, like two minutes walk maximum. I can understand why someone might not want to get dressed for a four minute round walk to pick up some more loo roll :P

• I see it almost every day.
    Sometimes, (very rarely), I see the pajama-styled humans at Walmart.
    Walmart!!
    It actually depends on what kind of errands.
    If you're off to work, you shouldn't be in improper clothes, you should probably be in either civvies or business attire.
    Or whatever your boss wants you to wear.
    But y'know, if you're just going to get some groceries, fetch some milk, maybe grab chips, that's fine.
    It's not like there's a security guard standing everywhere you go, telling you that you can't wear what you please.
    Although it is a definite disgrace if you wear pajamas at a meeting or at the bank.

• In Cambodia it's considered normal to go shopping or run errands in your pj's after the sun goes down. When I had a vacation there I did it a couple of times within two weeks 😬 was weird but pretty cool lol

I don't see it a problem if you need to quickly grab milk and eggs for tomorrow morning, but going to work in it, or just staying in your pjs for most of the day.. Wowzer 😐

• On the street---> They aren't hurting me, why should I care. Judging people because of what they're wearing is stupid af. Who cares. People can wear whatever tf they want. As long as they aren't naked... that'll be disturbing

Job Interview---> Not taking someone serious for a interview for wearing pjs is idiotic. What about their skills, intelligence, if their fit for the job? THAT'S what should matter not some clothes. You could missing out on a awesome worker for some freaking clothes smh. Makes them stupid because I'm sure someone else hired them

To each their own though...

• It looks bad definitely, especially if you meet someone familiar outside. I mean, I don't even wear pijamas inside the house, unless I'm sleeping.. The only case it's understandable is when you're sick or too old to be able to just throw on your clothws and go.

• I do it. Pajama pants and sweat pants and a hoodie. Dunno why I'd get dressed to go buy some cereal or whatever, cuz I jut gotta grab stuff on my list and then go home.
    If I was gonna go hang out with friends, though, I'd get dressed lol. And I'd definitely never wear that to a job or job interview. That's absolutely disrespectful and rude, like you couldn't be bothered to dress nicely.

• Posh people here and travellers/gypsies wear them around basically those who think they are above the law. They are refused into places now so it's stopped thankfully. Ridiculous carry on really the least they could do is wear clothes

• Definitely not an interview as far as store depends on time and place. A quick mart around the corner at 11pm? Maybe. Grocery store at 11am definitely inappropriate

• Personally I wouldn't wear pajamas out in public unless I felt sick/lazy that day, but I think people should be able to wear all the P. J. s they want if their comfy. Yes I would offer them a job as long as they know what they're doing.

• I don't think anyone in their right mind would wear pajamas to a job fair. Wtf? But I'll run to the store around the corner from my house in pj's but that's as far as I'll go. I can't stand seeing people in like Walmart and stuff with pj's on.

• I have only done this once. On the way home from the hospital the day after giving birth. Have a little self respect people!

• It doesn't bother me at all. I really don't care

• I mean to do everyday things. For a job , it's obviously not ok

• When I quickly want to grab something at a nearby store it's like right next to my building, I do go in pajamas but I do wear a long jacket on top to give the illusion I'm not wearing my pj's.
    Other than that, I find going to places in pajamas ridiculous. It's not okay to go in pajamas to a place you're going to stay a while in or even worse to interviews.

• I wouldn't wear them myself.
    But I don't mind people doing so. Maybe because I'm from Berlin - Friedrichshain. There is nothing I haven't seen already, I guess. Like people taking a walk in their underwear ( they were sober ) I would prefer pajamas on them instead.

• Is nudity really that common in Germany?

• Only in the east. But they usually doing this not in open streets. There are a lot of places like beaches or garden communities specialy for them. In Friedrichshain however live a lot of eccentric people that's all. My favourites are Jesus ( everyone just calls him so ) he looks exactly like Jesus and is dressed like him this as well, a friend of my sister is a druid and looks like he is from the Middle Ages. Or the African guy in the pink glitter dress who wears pink heels, singing and dancing through the streets.

• Wow, and I thought America had some weird characters lol

• I guess they don't have time to put on regular clothes

• I feel like we shouldn't be judging their attire. You have no idea what their place in life is. Maybe they've left their parents household because of abuse and don't have any other clothes. Maybe they're homeless. Maybe they just had a death in the family or have a sick family member at the hospital. Every time I see someone who does this, I try to be gracious. At the end of the day, if they are just lazy, and this is how they dress themselves and present themselves, well... they will reap the consequences of those choices. People may not take them as seriously. However, they accept that burden by going out that way.

• Depends on what you consider to be pajamas. My pajamas are sweatpants and a basic t-shirt and sometimes I wear it to the store. But if you're talking about the two-piece pj's where like to bottom and top are matching I'd say it's a no go. I think it's weird that we live in a world where you have to dress yourself in a suit for an interview. What's the point of dressing like something you're not? Like why would you wear a suit on your interview and come to work the next weak in jeans and a t-shirt. When you wear a suit you're not dressing like you normally would and you're not presenting yourself as who you really are. To be honest, if I were a boss and someone would come to do an interview with me and that person was wearing sweatpants and a basic t-shirt I wouldn't mind. As long as that person is doing the job he/she is hired for, why would is matter how he/she is dressed?

• I know but, That would be ok. I mean like the two piece pjs. As interviews go as long as you have a nice collared shirt, jeans or khakis you should be ok, however some places expect you to go beyond that I know, It's really not management it's company policy. Like i've worked jobs where you had to have shirts tucked in at all times even if it wasn't a professional job.

• Well, in that case I'd say it's sloppy if you'd wear a two piece pj.

• Sweat pants/ yoga pants I don't consider Pajamas, its the two pieces or pajama pants I'm talking about

• I think taking pjs to store is fine if its 6am-8am after that no

• yeah, maybe if its just a quick run or to drop the kids at school

• I feel it's fine to be lazy and not wanting to get dress as long as its not passing 8am feel the same way about sleeping in over the years I have come to accept that 6 am is consider early for most so pushed it 8am once it's 8am and you aren't up that's being straight out lazy if you are out if work 10 pm

• I go to walmart in pajamas sometimes but beyond that i dont. I dont really see anything wrong with it as long as its not revealing. there's a time and place. Dont wear pajamas to job interviews, but walmart is fine

• People can wear whatever they want and I won't have problems with it.

Of course I would hire them... Judging them by their skills. I don't think the clothes so the job, it is the person, their brain.

In cancun people can wear bikinis and go to the super market or stores, I've done it. When I was younger I used to go in pjs, I would do it again if I had to.

I don't care what people think and I don't care what people do. I live my life I let them live theirs.

• :I when i go out in my pajamas people think im cosplaying racist bastards

• I thought it was cool when I was 14.

Now I feel the same as you.

• I don't care honestly what other people wear. I personally don't even own pajama's though and never will and I like to dress nice most of the time lol

• Can you say trash...

• I'm one of those people! XD

• I think people should be allowed to do whatever they want. It's their lives after all.

• i would think they were really lazy

What Guys Said 21

• Maybe it's an age thing, and I don't wanna be all get-off-my-lawn, but it's insane to go out in public in your pajamas. I wouldn't even go out in my YARD in pajamas if there were any real possibility somebody would see me.

One of the weirdest trends I've seen the past few years has been pajamas in public. Even if you're like five years old it's not really okay, unless you're going to the pediatrician because you're sick as a dawg.

Can't believe anyone would go to a job fair in jammies. I mean none of this is the end of the world but it's just a very bizarre phenomenon.

• It's actually my dream to be able to give so little fucks that I go around like this:
    www.highsnobiety.com/.../...the-big-lebowski-0.jpg

I'm gonna buy a robe like that and then that'll be my weekend getup.

• Well, i was in the grocery store about 10:00 a. m. this girl was in her pajamas standing in front of me at the Deli she turned around saw me her face went beat red she was sort of embarrassed.. I think to be honest they do it for attention and yes it looks bad cause they should take time to put clothes on it happens many times where i live in PA Also with the
    girl blushing in the store just tells you she was aware of what she was doing and it kind of made her feel embarrassed and any employer shouldn't hire someone who comes dressed distasteful i wouldn't hire them either.

• I was never a fan of staying in pajamas - I shower when I get up and get dressed. That said if you are staying in them, short errands are okay but any longer outdoors would be a no no for me.

• I'm shocked and appalled, to be honest. I'm all for having them shunned from society! If we remove the dregs, then we can have a nice clean abode, with no squalor.

• My opinion is they are lazy people.

• I am one of those people. And yes, I am very lazy. When I am not required to do anything, I don't do anything.

• It's weird but cute if a girl in her 20s does it but I know those people on unemployment do it so they won't get hired and can keep collecting

• if it just running errands or shopping they can where anything they want, but if it is to something job related they need to put on some real cloths

• It is utterly REPULSIVE. How could you go out dressed in slumber wear? It is a terrible decision, at least try to make yourself look good when going out.

• i am doing job interviews in the morning, perhaps i should wear pyjamas!

no its all wrong

• I point at them and say "That's what a hipster pretends to be. A person who truly doesn't give a damn about what the world thinks of them..."

• lol I wear pajamas outside the house to go to the grocery store and what not. I don't really care what people think

• I think it is laziness... put some damn jeans and a shirt on, it is not very hard...

• personally I don't see a problem with it. It's almost the same as going out with sweats on. Plus when I think of running errands, you are mostly travelling in your car.

• I thought going out in public in pajama bottoms was a fad that died 9 years ago. I used to see that a lot more often.

• Depends on if it is a regular thing or not, what kind of pajamas they are, and what time of day it is.

• Do it all the time. Couldn't care less.

• I'm not too bothered long as their wearing clothes... unless their attractive then I'd prefer less clothing. XD

• Doesn't bother me.

I've never seen it happen though.

• I gotta ask this. Are they white?