Guys, would you frequent an establishment like this?

My friend and one of her co-workers are thinking of opening their own hair and beauty salon.

But, geared towards men..

They would offer topless or nude service. Hair cuts, face shaving, manscaping. Maybe even get into Mani's and Pedi's if there was enough interest.

Keep in mind, this would be a legit business, with a storefront (blocked windows of course lol)

Would you go to a place like this?
How much do you pay for a haircut now?
How much of a premium would you be willing to pay?

• I would not go
  • I would go and pay a premium
  • I might go once
  • I would go if there was no premuim
ok this is really funny...

I put this question in other as it was about "business"

Someone hid it for no sexuality topic..

and it got restored into Fashion and Style?

LOL

Most Helpful Guy

• in my opinion, this would work for a couple of years until the novelty wore off and the problems associated with it increased to the point where it wasn't worth the hassle.

Granted, I'm not in Canada, but in most anywhere in the US, you'd have a lot of people complaining about such a place, and you might not even be able to get a business license (or keep that license). You'd have to build a foyer where customers are screened (no young kids, etc.) and where no one could see the hairdressers from the outside.

There could potentially be health department issues (not that a naked boob is any less healthy than a naked arm, but you know how things are).

I know that I've gotten a lot of "arm boob" and "head boob" from women cutting my hair, when they lean in to check an angle, etc. Some idiot guys could take that the wrong way, and it might make many hairdressers uncomfortable.

As much as I love boobs, and as much as I'd enjoy going (and, yes, I'd pay a premium, at least occasionally, to go there), I think there would be a lot fewer problems with the hairdressers wearing bikini tops. Maybe the premium would be less, but the problems would be far less too.

Remember that strip clubs employ big bouncers to keep the strippers safe - you might have to do the same at a topless place, and that could sap most of the premium they'd make.

Reality sucks sometimes...

Most Helpful Girl

What Guys Said 18

• 1. I vote 'B'
    2. It's not because they are topless or nude though it's a bonus alright :D
    3. But I'd frequent it just as long as they know what they are doing and they know how to handle me / my choices about which I'm very particular
    4. It's quite inexpensive out here for haircuts (can be as low as less than US $1). I pay anything in between USD $10 and $30 depending on where I visit at that point of time for the hair cut. Other stuff ofcourse are expensive
    5. I'd be willing to pay a premium of 50% or maybe a little more provided that
    5.1. They know what they are doing
    5.2. The place doesn't attract crassy people
    5.3. They go by fixed and punctual pre fixed appointments
    5.4. The girls are classy & friendly

• There are some holes in your plan. A good hairdresser would never agree to that. Only a stripper would agree. But can a stripper cut hair good? I would like to go to a hair saloon that offers quality cuts.

• by the way I remember you we used to talk back in 2011-2012 lol

• oh I am sorry misread the first part lol

• yah lol can't remember which one was it tho xD I've had several names on here, TheJoker and Comeback.

• I am 47 and have never gone to a strip club. SO not starting now. No decent hairdresser will agree to doing it topless. unless the money is way worth it. I paid $20 for 20 years to get my hair cut but then she moved too far away to make it worth it. Now i wait til tuesdays to go to borics and pay 9.99. I will not pay more unless I have to. I would hate to pay $20 now. esp since I have a lot less hair. but I hate looking at myself in the mirror. what is the point of having a topless woman cutting your hair? she is behind you. so your looking in the mirror at her, not at her directly. seems like a waste.

• It could work in certain places... as long as the haircuts and salon work are top notch.

No masculine guy is sacrificing the quality of the haircut and styling work itself, to look at titties.

The titties should be a BONUS on top of quality work. :)

• Doesn't really appeal to me but I'm CERTAIN there is a market... here in Belgium you have these bars where the guys can squeeze the girls legs or bumps when they pay (utterly expensive) drinks 8)
    And although I wouldn't have a clue where to find one, they are frequented by guys. Lot of them :o

• Nope. If I go for a haircut, I want it done quickly and efficiently and to a high standard. I don't care if it's some naked bimbo or a 60 year old man doing it as long as the price is reasonable and the resulting cut is good.

• Nope, I mean no disrespect to your pals but I only go to barber shops or to my own mother because hey it she doesn't cost nothing and she's good at hair.

• Yeah you'll definitely get customers but you can't make the prices to high or we could just go to a strip club for some of the same. I've heard of this business in Florida, the topless haircuts were $50 and I think regular were $20

• sounds really gay, no offense. i wouldn't doubt some dudes would go, but i wouldn't in this lifetime.

• i also cut my own hair, which i forgot to mention so that also is kinda plays a factor. but i'd just go to get my hair cut if i did go. i don't need the other stuff.

• I could not trust anyone other than myself taking any kind of blade to my genitals for manscaping.

• there is more to manscaping then just your nuts lol

• I used to frequent an establishment like that and the haircuts/services offered were quality... the girls didn't like it in the summertime as much because the cut hair would stick and make them itchy...

• Haircut is a man's job where i live, soo this kind of establishment seems wrong to me from the very beginning. But, different concepts have prevailed in the past, there are many examples to it.

• I voted C. I get my haircut or touched up every 2 weeks because I have a job that has me in front of the public a lot and I need to look good. If they had great skill in cutting hair I'd go, but it would seem like a gimic to me and I might not view their hair cutting skills as being as good.

There is a place similar to that near where I live except it is basically Hooters girls cutting hair.

• That does not sound like the type of place I'd want to be.

• Razors and scissors near erections?

No thanks.

• Happy ending?

• They already have a place like that, named Lady Janes. The only thing is, they don't do topless, but, they are very fashionable ladies

• I would think massage would work better than haircuts. That way you'd have a reason to have a private treatment room. Could work for mani-pedi as well. Less sure about haircut expect as an add on.

• Also, this would depend on how hot your friends are. I used to get my hair cut by this girl who had spectacular tits and frequently wore cleavage bearing tops. Miss her!

What Girls Said 0