What is the best way to tell your parents about a piercing?

I got a certain piercing, and well my sister found out and is going to tell my mom, how should I talk about it?

Most Helpful Girl

• Just be up front about it. Apologize for not asking for your parents permission and explain why you didn't tell them in the first place. It's just a piercing. . . not a tattoo. If you think they are going to go crazy then maybe write them a note before you go to school to give them time to cool down about it when you get home.

What Guys Said 1

• Don't lie, own up to it and do it before your sister rats you out. After that, have a serious talk with your sister about how this is the kind of thing that you have to tell your parents about, and that it's not her business. That conversation will likely go nowhere, but you have to try it :P

You might want to add that piercings aren't permanent like the tattos your friends are getting. It's very difficult for anyone to argue that.

Of course, some piercings are more difficult to explain than others are. Explaining a belly button piercing as "I thought it looked cute!" and nipple piercings as...well, see that would be more difficult :P.

What Girls Said 4

• i'de just say that I was getting it with a friend and that it was popular and everyone has one.

• just show it to them

• Tell her that you like it. that you always wanted to do it.

• u were bold enough to get the piercing, be bold enough to own up to it